problems with push email (mail program and k9)

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
the mail program is not even close to push, some emails I get hours late. I tried using k9 and it is very slow. I have 4 gmail accounts so gmail not having a unified inbox is really a pain, is anyone else getting the problems i am getting with the mail app and k9?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Stock mail is just plain horrible, k-9 even using imap still needs to use a polling interval. 4 email accounts is a lot to ask from a phone. You're going to kill your phone (battery) trying to sync 4 mailboxes via push.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Stock mail is just plain horrible, k-9 even using imap still needs to use a polling interval. 4 email accounts is a lot to ask from a phone. You're going to kill your phone (battery) trying to sync 4 mailboxes via push.
Gotta agree all around. The stock email app sucks like no tomorrow. I was syncing 4 email accounts with K9 and it was killing my battery. Coincidentally I moved my business to Gmail for business. At that time I stopped using K9 and now just use the Gmail app. The increase in my battery life was dramatic. For me that trade off was worth it. Now I said it in the poll and I'll say it here. The Gmail dev team need to take a long hard look at K9 and start cribbing like crazy. Things I miss from K9 are the ability to select all emails with the push of a button, folder navigation, and pinch to zoom. Go gmail if you can. If you have to keep your POP accounts then go Kaiten

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock mail app with my Exchange account at work. Push mail works perfectly, I get it the same time it comes into Outlook. Are you not getting push email from an Exchange setup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63