Project Fi Question

jsm1985

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using Project Fi out of Charlotte, NC? I'm currently on Verizon with my Nexus 6p, but really considering the switch. It would be a big amount of savings every month but I want to make sure it works good first. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
You probably should check the coverage of T-Mobile and Sprint in your area. That will give you an idea of how well it might work.

ETA: You might want to also ask your question on the Project Fi forum.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Most of the people who I've seen have enjoyed it. I am actually testing it soon.. Just waiting on the SIM.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you all using Fi had a good experience so far? Would you recommend it?

I'm a T-Mobile kinda guy (don't wanna do business with a company like V), even though I know I will get less coverage.

Throw Sprint and Wi-Fi into the mix, and so far I have coverage everywhere I didn't before.

Fi's service has been smooth as silk.

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Just ported my number over from AT&T. Service in Kansas City has been fantastic, actually better on Fi. Savings per month is going to be very welcomed

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have it in DC and it works great. Bounces from WiFi to Sprint to TMobile and back again flawlessly.

Posted via Nexus 128GB Beast

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
What are your up/down speeds on Sprint and T-Mobile?

One of the issues with doing speed tests on Project Fi is that each test costs you about $1 (100 MB of data). Having said that, the couple of tests I've done, as well as tests done by others reported in the Fi community, you should get roughly the same speeds as T-Mobile and Sprint subscribers.

Last edited:

MonicaDien

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Just ported my number over from AT&T. Service in Kansas City has been fantastic, actually better on Fi. Savings per month is going to be very welcomed

I'm in KC and switching from Sprint. Phone is supposed to get here Wednesday, so I'm glad to hear this.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I switched over from AT&T as well. So far service has been the same or better than what I experienced with AT&T. I'm very happy with my choice.

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I gave Fi a 3 week try. Your experience will depend on your coverage. I already had a Google Voice # and a Net10 AT&T #. I setup my Fi with my GV # and keep my Net10 account open. I was very happy with the service when I was in town and in a good coverage area. I live about 5 miles outside of town and the service dropped of the map dramatically once I hit the edge of town. In my rural town T-mo nor Sprint service existed. I thought I could live with the coverage issue since I have good WiFi at my home. But the 5 mile trip and in town service without coverage was the deal breaker. I would sign back up if Fi could score AT&T or Verizon coverage in my area. Leaving Fi was easy and the Fi person I spoke with about leaving was very nice and helpful. I highly recommend giving it a try if you feel you have good coverage and the value is there for you.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using Project Fi out of Charlotte, NC? I'm currently on Verizon with my Nexus 6p, but really considering the switch. It would be a big amount of savings every month but I want to make sure it works good first. Thanks!

Did you ever sign up for Charlotte NC? I'm in the same city and seriously thinking about switching from Cricket to Do.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Project Fi might not work for everybody... if there is no coverage by T-Mobile or Sprint, then you might not want Project Fi. You have to decide what is best for you.

Personally, I live in a large metro area and have great coverage with almost all the carriers... so I really like Project Fi... I have been using it for a couple weeks right now. The best thing is I have a device in which I can use it on any carrier... so if I need to switch to AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile... personally, I will never choose Sprint ever again, but it works good on Project Fi for me, since it will roll over to T-Mobile if it can not find Sprint.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you all using Fi had a good experience so far? Would you recommend it?

My experience with Fi was no VoLTE, no HD voice, and data speeds weren't as fast as either carrier without Fi. I was disappointed by those things. Also, I was on T-Mobile and not paying for streaming music, however, I had to pay for that data on Fi. I was quite bothered by that because I use Google play music. In my town, both Sprint and T-Mobile gave me poor service at home so project Fi offered no advantages there.
I like the simple billing and the customer service, but Fi isn't ready yet.