Prompt "Complete action using" keeps coming up after selecting "always"

gyrex

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
ROM: Stock 4.4.2

Hi guys,

I have a really annoying issue where I keep getting the "complete action using" prompt to select an app to launch even after I've selected "always".

ie. In Google Maps <or select any app>, I click on a number to dial and I get a "complete action using" dialog box per screenshot below. I click on "Phone" then always. If I go back into the same app (or any other app) and attempt to dial a number I get the same prompt again.

It's super annoying! It's not just happening with the phone dialer, but other apps I'm trying to select as a default as well. Does anyone have any ideas?

2v3ikpj.png

gyrex

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I've tried resetting my phone back to factory default and this doesn't help.

I can only get rid of the "complete action using" prompt by uninstalling the viber app.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've tried resetting my phone back to factory default and this doesn't help.

I can only get rid of the "complete action using" prompt by uninstalling the viber app.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

You just solved your own issue. If you uninstall Viber, it corrects it. If a factory reset didn't correct it, then it's Viber, and you should be contacting them. It looks like a code issue.

gyrex

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
You just solved your own issue. If you uninstall Viber, it corrects it. If a factory reset didn't correct it, then it's Viber, and you should be contacting them. It looks like a code issue.

Thanks for your response. I contacted viber support and they said it's an issue with the phone's software which makes sense since you'd think that the phone's software/android would be responsible for setting default applications...

Contacting Samsung support has been less than fruitful.