PS4 vs. XBOX ONE

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
E3 has come and passed, and the next generation of gaming consoles has arrived. At first, many (including myself) were leaning toward the PS4, due to its cheaper price point and lack of DRM. But now that Microsoft has announced that they take back their DRM and online policies, the battle in this console war is much closer than before.

What console do you plan on picking up and why? Personally, I'm leaning PS4 at this point. I'm a current 360 owner, but I don't feel as if I'm getting the most out of my Gold subscription (I don't stream Netflix or anything like that, just play online), and I'd prefer to have the system with superior hardware.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The one is overpriced.

No reason to charge 100 bucks more for a less capable system

They should be the same price, if anything the one should be cheaper, not 100 bucks more

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
The one is overpriced.

They should be the same price, if anything the one should be cheaper, not 100 bucks more

Well it does come with a kinect and is in no way a less capable system. It has many many more functions than the ps4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The one is overpriced.

If u add in the PlayStation eye they are about the same price. And now that PlayStation is going to charge $5 per month to play online its a no brainer as Xbox live is far superior than PlayStation online.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
If u add in the PlayStation eye they are about the same price. And now that PlayStation is going to charge $5 per month to play online its a no brainer as Xbox live is far superior than PlayStation online.

Yep better party systems, 300,000dedicated servers, cloud computing to take stress off the system.. The list goes on and on xbox live is soooooo much better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Console gaming doesn't even compare to pc gaming, the new nvidia titan blows them both out of the water.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Console gaming doesn't even compare to pc gaming, the new nvidia titan blows them both out of the water.

I'd like to see u build a PC for $400 that can compete with the ps4.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

The titan is what $1,000? Not to mention probably another $700 worth of tower to go with it. Plus monitor keyboard mouse? I'd surely hope a $2,000 PC could out perform a $400 console

Stephen Egan

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
That would be a hard challenge to build a laptop that could blow the ps4 away my 500 dollar laptop is close but I'm sure it would eventually get spanked by the 8 core processor

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
That would be a hard challenge to build a laptop that could blow the ps4 away my 500 dollar laptop is close but I'm sure it would eventually get spanked by the 8 core processor

Building a PC that would be close to the ps4 let alone a laptop. I just spend $900 on a lenovo ideapad y500 laptop which is great. And id bet it would still be outdone by the ps4

Stephen Egan

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure it would what are the specs on your laptop mine has a quad core AMD running at 2.8 ghz with a turbo boost up to 3.1 and 6 gb of ram its fast as hell

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Most people don't remember that the PS4 is supposed to be ONLY a game console, hence the cheaper price. The Xbox One, on the other hand is supposedly going to replace your living room entertainment systems as the One is a gaming console, cable box, DVD player (depends on the CD format, as most are saying the One will have either a DVD tray or Blu-Ray tray), de-facto music player, internet browser, potential spyware used by the NSA (cough* Kinect *cough), etc. The Xbox One is going to serve multiple purposes, similar to that of the Xbox 360. (recent updates hint to it)

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I know how to unlock a $200 core i3 to a $1000 i7.

Intel builds all of their iseries cpus with 8 cores. It's just a matter if unlocking them.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it would what are the specs on your laptop mine has a quad core AMD running at 2.8 ghz with a turbo boost up to 3.1 and 6 gb of ram its fast as hell

Mine has the i7 quad core @2.4ghz with 8gb of ram. It is definitely fast. But on a gaming level I'm pretty sure could not compete with a ps4. U would spend what the ps4 costs on a graphics card alone

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine has the i7 quad core @2.4ghz with 8gb of ram. It is definitely fast. But on a gaming level I'm pretty sure could not compete with a ps4. U would spend what the ps4 costs on a graphics card alone

True you would but the experience is, in my opinion, so much better not only graphic wise but with range of genre and controller options. Steam is also just awesome. I never liked the console style of gaming, I prefer having a true all in one machine for gaming or just simple stuff. If you have a decently speced Pc why not get a nice GPU instead of another box. Its $400 for a ps4 or same for a GPU, your buying either one for the same reason but the PC can do more.

Sent from my HTC One

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter