Puffin browser and flash video.

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone. :)

When I've been out and about away from my PC there's been many times I've wanted to watch videos on my Galaxy Note 8 when browsing the internet. A lot of the videos play just fine but sometimes they won't due to the video requiring a flash player or plugin.

I read somewhere that flash is outdated and is a security risk, but there's lots of reputable websites which have flash videos. For example, today I wanted to wach some clips on the Channel 4 website but I couldn't due to Samsung Internet and Chrome not supporting flash.

I did some searching to see there was any way to watch flash video on Android phones and found lots of websites showing the best browsers which support flash video. The only browser I had actually heard of before was Puffin so I installed it.

So far I've not been able to watch anything which requires flash.

Does anyone have experience with watching flash videos with Puffin or any other broswer?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Flash is outdated. (There hasn't been an update to Flash Player for Android in years.) Some websites just won't go to the trouble of upgrading to current standards, like HTML5 or even Shockwave. There's not much you can do about that other than use an old insecure browser.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. :)

When I've been out and about away from my PC there's been many times I've wanted to watch videos on my Galaxy Note 8 when browsing the internet. A lot of the videos play just fine but sometimes they won't due to the video requiring a flash player or plugin.

I read somewhere that flash is outdated and is a security risk, but there's lots of reputable websites which have flash videos. For example, today I wanted to wach some clips on the Channel 4 website but I couldn't due to Samsung Internet and Chrome not supporting flash.

I did some searching to see there was any way to watch flash video on Android phones and found lots of websites showing the best browsers which support flash video. The only browser I had actually heard of before was Puffin so I installed it.

So far I've not been able to watch anything which requires flash.

Does anyone have experience with watching flash videos with Puffin or any other broswer?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. :)
Puffin works well in my experience. I only use it when I am confident of the source and have first had chrome fail to play the video.

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Flash is outdated. (There hasn't been an update to Flash Player for Android in years.) Some websites just won't go to the trouble of upgrading to current standards, like HTML5 or even Shockwave. There's not much you can do about that other than use an old insecure browser.

Thanks @Rukbat :)

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Why? Use puffin.

The way I typed my original post could have caused confusion.

When I said "so far I've not been able to watch anything which requires flash" I meant that even when using Puffin.

Where the video should be is just shows that image with the jigsaw puzzle piece (no plug in... or plug in required).