Putting movies on my Evo

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I tried to take a movie off my computer and put it on my Evo to watch while going on a trip. I first went to the media section of my mem card and put it there and could not find it, after that I created a directory called video and could not find it. Since those did not work I just deleted it off the card. Is there a specific directory I need to put it in or a program I need to download?

Thanks.

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
try installing htc sync from your sd card. the install file is on your sd card on your phone. install it on your computer then try to put the movie on using that. i think the movie may have to be mp4 format, but i'm not sure.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Download Rock Player. Create a file in the main page of your sd card and name it Movies. When you open Rock Player you'll go into your SD card, scroll down til you see movies and bada bing. I can make a quick movie for you to show you how. Just let me know.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Dude I tried all of those n let me tell u that DVDfab is the best, download that program (DVDfab) n go through the settings to make sure u have it to the right formats n u can take any movie cd n it would format it n transfer it to ur phone

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dude I tried all of those n let me tell u that DVDfab is the best, download that program (DVDfab) n go through the settings to make sure u have it to the right formats n u can take any movie cd n it would format it n transfer it to ur phone

DVDfab is AWESOME. I actually use DVDfab and Rock Player. I use DVDfab to pull the movies from whatever cd, then drop it into my sd card and just watch it using Rock Player lol.. DVDfab ftw.. OO ya and it pulls Blue-ray's too =D

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i actually have both rock player and another one called arcMedia. I prefer arc media. Only downside is if I leave it, it won't resume where I left off like Rock does.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Another option is to use Handbrake to encode the movie in iPhone format, and then you should be able to drag/drop and the built-in player will find it.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I have Rock Player going, DVDFAB wanted me to buy something so I passed on it.

They might make a push for you to buy something, but you don't have to. It offers a free version that allows you to, ahem, back up any dvd you own. From there, you can use other means to turn the backup into a format the Evo can play (I use mp4). Drag it to your card, and you're done. I purchased the dvd-to-mobile option because it turns everything into a one-step process, but you don't have to.

Also, it used to be an issue with my Pre, but I always make sure the video resolution is something that will fit the Evo screen. On the Pre, if it didn't fit, it wouldn't play. Haven't seen if the same applies to the Evo, but I don't feel like wasting time to experiment when I know sizing it right to begin with works.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi