Quality Problems with 6P

mcostajr

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently on my second 6P. The first one I received a couple weeks ago came in with slight damage to the chamfered edges around the corners of the screen.

I received my new one late last week. I recently noticed that the plastic panel at the bottom rear part of the phone is not flat and smooth but wavy. Anyone else have this issue? Is this a reason to return the phone again?

Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on my second 6P. The first one I received a couple weeks ago came in with slight damage to the chamfered edges around the corners of the screen.

I received my new one late last week. I recently noticed that the plastic panel at the bottom rear part of the phone is not flat and smooth but wavy. Anyone else have this issue? Is this a reason to return the phone again?

Thanks.

That would bother me. I would want to exchange it.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you're putting a case on it, there are worse things in the world to worry about. If you're not putting a case on it, gamble on another return if you want. The bottom plastic panel issue was reported by some others in here, I don't recall the result of the discussion though.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Are these new ones or refurbished ones? I've had a heck of a time with getting a decent refurb - 3 in 3 weeks! I'm finally sending back my original phone and the last refurb tomorrow.

mcostajr

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
They were new phones sent directly from Google. I've actually decided to send the latest back to Google and buy a used one in mint condition from Swappa for $400. $150 savings seemed worth it.

XsoundXhoundX

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Got mine off of jet for $380. They only have gold left now but it's been an awesome phone. The bottom back panel can get deformed from heat so I wouldn't leave it to bake in the sun.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My first phone was from launch and I thought it was perfect. No gaps, warps or rattles etc... Then 2 bad refurbs, and got what I think is a good one. It's understandable that there will always be a certain percentage, but it's just too bad our day and age that it's not even smaller than it is.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I got my 64gb gold one on Swappa in near mint condition. My favorite place to get phones. I bought my mint Note 5 there too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell