Quick Look: Spigen Ultra Crystal Screen Shield & White Samsung Flip Cover

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Other than looks I never understood the flipcover. I know it would get annoying as hell whenever using it for gaming or taking calls, or even texting. Having that thing flapping around on the back and needing to use fingers to hold it in place while using the phone does not appeal to me at all. Plus it doesn't even protect the device. It's purely aesthetics and more like something Apple would release; looks over functionality.

Alot of people use it because of looks, others use it to keep screen clean when talking on it since it can be used while on phone. Plus it adds other colors to the phone if you get the different color flips. Like you said though, it doesn't offer protection except for protecting the screen a little bit. If it fell it would not do a thing.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I can vouch for the spen being weird when a screen protector is on. I tried the zagg hd shield and the spen left marks on the protector that were permanent. Took it back and got money back. I'm hoping that the spigen dry install oleophobic isn't as bad. If anyone has any first hand expirience on the spigen oleophobic and the spen let us know.

I've had one on for a few days and I can find nothing to complain about. Just the opposite. You'll still get some cheek marks/fingerprints - a lot less - but they wipe off very easily. I just brush the face across my shirt and that's all it needs. You can't tell it's there.
As far as the Spen goes, I spent about 2 hours last night playing with it trying to learn all the options and not once did I notice a single problem.