Quicker way to switch between user accounts on a Nexus 7?

Indigoquilter

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've fallen in love twice this year. (Though in different ways.) In January, I acquired a Nexus 7, and in July, I met my boyfriend. Yesterday, I suggested that we put a user account for him on the tablet, so that he could have quicker access to his own email, writing and so forth. This we accordingly did, and he has been having great fun installing apps for chess and ukelele playing, as well as working on his writing. However, this means that the lock screen is back. The lock screen irritates the b*ggery out of me, and I disabled it as fast as I could when I originally bought the tablet. The way you are meant to switch accounts, however, involves bringing up the lock screen every time, and it also means the lock screen appears whenever the tablet is wakened from sleep. I tried disabling the lock screen, but then we couldn't switch user accounts. So far, the best solution I've found is to have a desktop widget for the No Lock app, so that I can have the lock screen disabled during the day, when I'm the only one using the tablet, and then put it back on when my boyfriend is around and we're both using the tablet. This will probably be fairly manageable, and I realise that I'm whingeing about a few seconds of screen-swiping here and there, but what would be really lovely would be if we could just have a widget we could press on our home screens that allowed us to switch user accounts, without all this faffing around with lock screens. Does such a thing exist? I've been hunting through Google Play apps, and so far all I've encountered is one which sounds thoroughly dodgy and may not even do what I want.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't think of a solution that meets your needs - I'll keep an eye out and send it your way if something comes up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174