Quite pleased with Pixel 6 pro

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I was using my Huawei p40 pro for a good year. As much as I was able to find ways around GMS. It was getting tougher and tougher for me. The phone was great minus the GMS. When Pixel 6 Pro came out I was pleased with not only the designs but the fact that they were finally put better camera specs although it could be better still better than the older gens. I was very pleased with them making their very first chipset (tensor) it actually got me excited for once so much potential. I've always been really skeptical with Pixel devices with all the faulty hardware and cheap materials they've used in the past finally they are moving in the right directions for once. Is the phone perfect no is it better than older models in the past hands down. Can it compete with others? like Samsung, Xiaomi, Oneplus, and Apple. I would say yes! not only the price is good the hardware is not as bad as most reviews suggest. Most of the reviewers keep complaining how they're slower than the current snapdragon chip and it's not comparable to Apple etc...On day-to-day use for most regular joes, it's fast enough. But for someone that wants to use their phones for vlog, gaming etc... don't recommend it cause you'll just complain that it's not good enough. However, this phone comes packed with a lot of features other androids and even Apple doesn't have.

- Screen calling (perfect with all these spam and spoof calls lately)
- Live translation
- 6 yrs of security updates (referring to androids of course)
- captures great photos (videos still needs some work ) and needs a wider view for wide-angle shooting

For most average users this phone is perfect not only for the price but all those features that it comes with. So really it's a no-brainer upgrade or switch. Again it's not perfect but it's great working progress and direction they're going with. Do I have any regrets? nope, not at all. If they continue to this path I can see Pixel will be a stronger contender against Samsung. Google needs to focus on battery life they need to optimize the battery properly to get a longer battery if they can somehow pull that off I can see them doing really well.

I will definitely get another pixel hopefully they keep improving and not cheap out which always sets them apart from others. In my opinion, the best reviewers should come from the people that already own the phone I find most of the Youtube reviewers are too biased and they forget that not everyone uses the phone the way they do. So whoever is looking at this phone please don't get discouraged and don't think twice.

Last edited:

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it. I thoroughly like mine, with two small caveats. It does occasionally run a little hot (I don't game, so this is often with some kind of media playing or during charging), and the battery life is not the best - but I don't use adaptive battery, so it's to be expected given the general reports on battery life. It's not an issue for me these days as I'm always near a charger, but could see it being one if/when I travel.

FPS has been perfect for me, and all else has been outstanding.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How is your FPS working?

I've never had any major problems with it. It generally works quickly. On occasion, it might take a little longer, but on the whole, I'd say it has the same if not better success rate compared to the capacitative sensor on my old Pixel 3 XL and 3a XL.

Battery has been quite phenomenal for me, such that I finally decided to try charging up only to 80%, as many would advise to prolong the lifespan even more. By the end of the day, the battery level is still around 40-50%.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear. I can't wait to get mine in a couple of weeks.
I still need to cancel 256GB version & keep the 512GB

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've never had any major problems with it. It generally works quickly. On occasion, it might take a little longer, but on the whole, I'd say it has the same if not better success rate compared to the capacitative sensor on my old Pixel 3 XL and 3a XL.

Battery has been quite phenomenal for me, such that I finally decided to try charging up only to 80%, as many would advise to prolong the lifespan even more. By the end of the day, the battery level is still around 40-50%.

Did you turn off 5G and do you use Battery Optimization? I'm on Wi-Fi pretty much all the time, don't use Batt Opt. and am not having the greatest battery life (not terrible and I use my phone a lot) so just wondering about your settings and if they'd help me. Thanks.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been hoping for a Pixel phone to be on par with other Android phones (Samsung) since I had the Pixel 3. Since the Pixel 3 I have only used Samsung phones almost completely.
I wasn't sure which one I wanted so I picked up the smaller Pixel 6 from T-Mobile with a trade-in of my Pixel 3. Tmobile is giving me the Pixel 6 for free.
I really liked the Pixel 6 but the screen was not as clear as my previous S21. So I sold my Ultra and purchased the Pixel pro. 8m completing my 1sr week with the phone and I really love it. Everything about the pro is on par with the s21 Ultra. With updates the Pixel pro is only going to get better.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you turn off 5G and do you use Battery Optimization? I'm on Wi-Fi pretty much all the time, don't use Batt Opt. and am not having the greatest battery life (not terrible and I use my phone a lot) so just wondering about your settings and if they'd help me. Thanks.

I turn off 5G because it's still not great in my home -- I think T-Mobile's 5G UC hasn't reached where I live, it's just the slower 5G Extended Range (which is actually slower than 4G LTE). So I think that's helping my battery life.

I do have Adaptive Battery on, but have not changed any individual Battery Optimization settings for apps.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I turn off 5G because it's still not great in my home -- I think T-Mobile's 5G UC hasn't reached where I live, it's just the slower 5G Extended Range (which is actually slower than 4G LTE). So I think that's helping my battery life.

I do have Adaptive Battery on, but have not changed any individual Battery Optimization settings for apps.

Ah. Yeah, 5GUC is strong and fast where I live so I had left it on, and I don't use Adaptive Battery because when I've tried it in the past too many things I actually need were tanked and if I have to whitelist so much stuff what's the point?

ETA I meant Adaptive Battery not Battery Optimization in my previous post btw. I do optimize certain apps.

Maybe I'll try forcing LTE and see if that makes a difference though.

Thanks for responding.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Ive seen 5G UC on my pixel

GoNavy79

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
Quite enjoying my regular Pixel 6. No real complaints. It's my daily driver. I really like the timely updates that Google sends out. Hopefully they will somehow work a face unlock into an update soon. That would be cool.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Love my 6 Pro. I didn't like the 4 and didn't want the 5. So I spent a year with the Note 20 Ultra. Good phone, but it felt like coming home when I got the P6P. Absolutely no complaints...well maybe the curved screen and no glass protector that will stay on, but this is minor.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I absolutely adore my 6 Pro. Was the most excited for this phone since the Pixel 2XL. It hasn't disappointed me so far. Battery life is decent. Forced LTE as there is NO 5G in my area at all. I use adaptive battery. I can get over 20 hours life with nearly 6 hours SoT and 25% left. If I let it go down further I can get nearly 7 hours SoT. I am a heavy phone user but not for gaming.

The cameras are splendid and I am happy with it so far. I like the Pixel features like assistant typing and call screening which is finally in the UK.The FPS can be a bit daft at times, but it is usually my fault.

I think Google knocked it out of the park with this phone and have zero regrets, especially for £849

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I am definitely digging my P6Pro...I ended up getting the regular P6 as well. However, I've kept my main sim in the Pro. It's the subtle things about the Pro...Fluidity, haptics, screen/display, and it's thinner than the P6 which I really notice.

Phone is a beast! Can't wait for the software updates to fine tweak some of the bugs.....Woo!!!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I am definitely digging my P6Pro...I ended up getting the regular P6 as well. However, I've kept my main sim in the Pro. It's the subtle things about the Pro...Fluidity, haptics, screen/display, and it's thinner than the P6 which I really notice.

Phone is a beast! Can't wait for the software updates to fine tweak some of the bugs.....Woo!!!

What bugs have you found?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Minor stuff... Apps crashing, camera inconsistencies, etc.

Fair enough. There is no such thing as a bug free operating system. I certainly have my share of photos that aren't consistently good and of course my mediocre photos are quite definitely the fault of the camera! :D

I've just had my Pixel 6 Pro for a week now, but so far, it's the best combination phone and pocket computer I've ever owned.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe