Random ads from Messenger app keep popping up

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello folks 👋😊 So since last week I've had this strange problem on my galaxy s7: some annoying ads keep popping up on my screen even when it's locked. As long as my wifi is turned on, the ads appear roughly after every 15 mins and if I'm watching some video or listening to music they mute everything in the background though it's still playing. These are not the ads that are in the browser or in particular app only but they appear whenever and wherever. The thing I'm more concerned about tho is that when my wifi is off the ads try to appear again but since there is no internet connection my screen keeps turning on and off itself every 5 seconds until i turn on the wifi so the ad can appear... This drains my battery like crazy. Whenever i close the ads and open the recent apps it shows me that they're from messenger. Already did like 5 hard resets and tried to uninstall the problematic app but as long as there was facebook, messenger ads won't stop popping on the screen. I've always had facebook and messenger on my phone but there's never been such annoying problem. It all started after i made a soft reset last week. Also i must say i haven't changed anything in the settings in neither of the apps. I'd be extremely glad if you could help me out with this!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying the ads go away if you uninstall Facebook Messenger? What if you install both FB Messenger and Facebook?

The bottom line is that you have some kind of adware, and you'll have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali