RCA Apollo 8"

06honda

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
My device is just about out of space to continue using, and I have cleaned up and deleted as much as possible free up space. Does the tablet have the ability to accept an external card such as a SD card to increase memory? If so what type of SD card will it take and how do I setup the tablet to have any new downloads go to the card instead of on the tablet itself. Thanks for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! According to the specs, it does have a microSD slot. But keep in mind, this is only for storage of media files (i.e., photos, videos, music) or documents -- not to install apps. If the tablet allows you to set the SD card as default storage for downloaded files (not all devices do), then it would be in the Settings>Storage​ menu.

06honda

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the info, that helps me alot. I was trying to figure out a way to install a larger updated app of one I currently have on the card as my tablet is just about out of internal storage. So clearly this won't work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately with older devices, you're pretty limited by the internal storage that came with it. On top of that, some older devices also partition the internal storage into a smaller app installation area and an "internal SD" that acts like an SD card (which means you can't install apps there either). That's for devices older than about Marshmallow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo