RCA Tablet CTG cord

abcwangfoo

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Iv'e had my attached keyboard,using cable to go,hooked up to use mouse.
Had,to sell Maven pro,last yr.Bought re conditioned one.Was;working great.Now,
cable to go,for mouse ,not working.It,did once propped up,with something.
Anyway,this will work,right again? Appreciate any help Pat

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you have to manipulate the plug in order to get it to work, then the connection is loose somewhere. It could be the cable itself, or the tablet's microUSB port. Try a different cable first.

abcwangfoo

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi Tks for your response Not,sure what other cord,I could try. I,think it is a loose connection,inside.Was,hoping to,get around that.How,about the other,ports;If able to make mouse work have great weekend

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When I mentioned trying a different cable, I meant a different OTG cable (which presumably means buying a new one, unless someone you know has one you can borrow).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The cable used to connect a device to the HDMI port of a TV is different from an OTG cable. That's going to be either MHL or SlimPort, depending on the device and its compatibility (and many devices are not compatible with either).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm still not sure what you're asking. Are you trying to connect a wired or wireless USB mouse to the tablet? Or is it a Bluetooth mouse?

By the way, is there a reason why you have so many commas in your replies?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so you have the mouse's wireless receiver plugged into the OTG adapter, and the mouse's power switch is on, right? Does the mouse work when you plug the receiver into your computer? If not, then try replacing the batteries, as you were saying. If it does work on the computer but not on the phone, then maybe wireless USB mice don't work well via OTG.