Reboot fix coming the second half of June

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I was told by a friend at work the he knows someone were he lives, that know the mother of someone that works at Verizon that knows someone that is a top dog that the release in June will be Gingerbread. :) :)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
it's not the same. MR2 is still Froyo. The radio is gingerbread compatible though so that's why it also works on gingerbread. And jcase will be posting the full MR2 RUU sometime today for the rooted crowd

MR2 (Maintenance Release 2), is a Verizon term not HTC. Whatever the next update they push out will be labeled MR2 weather or not it is Gingerbread. If it is just a patch for this bum update then Gingerbread will be MR3.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know: Will this this fixer also update those few of us who never got the original buggy OTA update to begin with? I'm glad I never got it, for whatever reason. But will my phone be able to receive update#2 if I never got update #1?

Would love any and all opinions on this. Thanks!

Yes I am sure you will. When your phone ESN is authorized to get the OTA they ping your phone to determine what version of the OS you are running and if you are running any previous official build it will push it to you. I saw a couple cases (with Blackberry) where I was more than one version behind and had to update to the first update before I could get the update, but it always let me update this should be no different. Verizon is still shipping phones with the original working software and it appears that Verizon has stopped pushing this bum update to prevent it from screwing up any more phones, so Verizon knows there are phones out there running the original version of the software. No worries I have no doubt you will get the update too.

lloydsboy

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My Thunderbolt has been rebooting 2-3 times a day. Monday I contacted HTC and asked when the fix for the Thunderbolt rebooting issue was coming. Their customer service rep Karen wrote me on Tuesday that she could not help me because I did nor supply enough information as she was not aware of any problems. I was more concerned about the lack of customer support than the rebooting. Wednesday,I solved the problem. The FIX is called Samsung Charge. I know there are pluses and minuses to both the Charge and Thunderbolt. But to put it simply--THE CHARGE WORKS.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
As much as I'd like to hop on this update as soon as I can, I'm thinking I won't be able to. I'm traveling to Mexico from the 10th to the 19th of June. To make voice calls cheaper while in Mexico I changed my plan from National Access (or whatever is the standard Family Plan) to NA with Mexico. Since my trip doesn't coincide with my billing cycle, it was easier and probably cheaper (considering I can avoid pro-rating) to just change it for two full months. Total cost +$30 for the same 1400 minutes on two phones.

Point is, I know I cannot sign up for the Mobile Hotspot on the 16th. My account will be frozen from changes due to the "future dating" to return to my original plan on July 14th. So I'll have to wait on that. ...
Be careful about when tiered data pricing is introduced if unlimited people are grandfathered. No guarantee we will be grandfathered, of course.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Very good news! I had no reboots until the update and the reboots vary depending on where I am (they are worse in Miami, happening multiple times a day; and rare when I'm in the Philly area). Let's hope this new updates does fix this problem once and for all.

I wonder if this fix will now cause re-boots for those who didn't have them? :D

I'll bet all this work on the re-boot problem has pushed Gingerbread back another month or two.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I was told by a friend at work the he knows someone were he lives, that know the mother of someone that works at Verizon that knows someone that is a top dog that the release in June will be Gingerbread. :) :)

I know the top dogs breeder, and he told me August......but he made me sit first.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Be careful about when tiered data pricing is introduced if unlimited people are grandfathered. No guarantee we will be grandfathered, of course.
The Data Plan was not changed. I'm still on the orignal NA U.S. Data Plan. Although, I'm damn sure not gonna use it in Mexico at $5.15 per MB (without a Mexico Data Plan).

Note: They wanted $100/mo for a Mexico Data plan that would cover 75MB/mo. Geeze... (that's about 0.07 GB/mo for $100)

-Frank

Last edited:

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The Data Plan was not changed. I'm still on the orignal Data Plan. Although, I'm damn sure not gonna use it in Mexico at $5.15 per MB (without a Mexico Data Plan).

Note: They wanted $100/mo for a Mexico Data plan that would cover 75MB/mo. Geeze...

-Frank

Wow, that's over half the price of my unlimited data plan. Part of the reason I "pushed" my wife into an LTE phone was so that both of us could have unlimited LTE for $9.99 a month for the next couple of years. I love the Talk, Text, and Data promo discount.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that's over half the price of my unlimited data plan. Part of the reason I "pushed" my wife into an LTE phone was so that both of us could have unlimited LTE for $9.99 a month for the next couple of years. I love the Talk, Text, and Data promo discount.

I thought unlimited data was $29.99?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Talk and Text is not part of a data plan. How are you paying 9.99/mo for unlimited data where everyone else is paying $29.99/mo?

-Frank

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Talk and Text is not part of a data plan. How are you paying 9.99/mo for unlimited data where everyone else is paying $29.99/mo?

-Frank

It's called the Talk, Text, and Data promo. It's a $20 discount off of the data plan and that's it. An e-mail went out to certain customers and you could only get it if you called in and requested. The promo ended in January though. They told me that as long as I don't change the plan that I will pay that price for life.

I did have a mishap where I put a Droid on my wife's line online back in January and she had a Samsung Reality before and it took the discount off of her line, well I called VZW and explained the situation and they put it back on because it never prompted me that anything would be lost or changed (it did when my mom changed phones so that was her fault).

That's why I was worried about getting the Thunderbolt because I wasn't sure if the change would affect the promo so I called VZW before launch day and they said that it shouldn't because they had a lot of issues with that happening with the iPhone release so their software developers fixed the issue and when I got my Thunderbolt the promo was still there. Same when I got my wife the Revolution on Saturday.

tedsc

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
So any news on when HTC will fix the issue for all the other phones they make with this problem? Google search results for Android random reboot is a laundry list of every HTC phone regardless of carrier over the past year or two. I have an Evo 4g (stock no root) that was stable for almost a year, now it reboots from 2 - 12 times a day. I have switched the batter and memory card and done the factory reset thing but nothing helps.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So any news on when HTC will fix the issue for all the other phones they make with this problem? Google search results for Android random reboot is a laundry list of every HTC phone regardless of carrier over the past year or two. I have an Evo 4g (stock no root) that was stable for almost a year, now it reboots from 2 - 12 times a day. I have switched the batter and memory card and done the factory reset thing but nothing helps.

There is an EVO 4G specific forum on this website, you'd probably get more help over there.

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site

You could say it's an Android wide situations, if you google any Android phone you will see a certain amount of posts about them rebooting. I really don't think it's wide spread issue, but most devices do have some instances of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201