regular market apk?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Been avoiding anything involving root until they fix the streaming issue, as that is one of the main things I'm planning to do with it. I am using the go launcher just fine sans root though.

I'm sure its just a matter of time.

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Does NOT require root. I've copied over quite a few APKs from my Android phone to my Fire and they work great (including paid apps).

The only one I haven't been able to get working on the Fire yet is Splashtop :-\

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I've done a number of APKs as well... ones I found online.,

forgive my ignorance, but if you buy an app on the android market, does that give you the app? would it be on my phone somewhere?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've done a number of APKs as well... ones I found online.,

forgive my ignorance, but if you buy an app on the android market, does that give you the app? would it be on my phone somewhere?

Apps that you loaded from the Market will be in the data/app folder but you won't be able to access the apk files there unless you're rooted and use a file manager such as Root Explorer.

Sent using Tapatalk

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Apps that you loaded from the Market will be in the data/app folder but you won't be able to access the apk files there unless you're rooted and use a file manager such as Root Explorer.

Sent using Tapatalk

Again, you don't need root to access the APK files on your phone or other Android device. Just use something like "App Backup and Restore" (free in the market) to extract the APK and then copy it over to your Kindle Fire.

This worked on most of the market apps I wanted on my Fire that weren't available in the Amazon Appstore. A few of the apps were "protected", which encrypts them and prevents direct extraction, and a couple of my paid apps pop up an "unlicensed" notice, but I got most of my must-haves running on the Fire.

bidoof01

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep, you can load apk files just fine and install them without rooting. I haven't found a reason to root yet unless they release a better custom ROM or ICS.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I read his question as whether you could put the apk for Android Market (i.e. the storefront itself) on the Fire. AFAIK, you can't unless rooted. As for finding apks online and sideloading; that you CAN do.

LittleJoe

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to root the phone to put the Android Market on the Fire. Once the Market was showing in my Apps, I then unrooted. I've grabbed several apps from the Android Market since. There do, however, remain apps that still seem to need to be sideloaded to install.

Dualpancakes

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the market apk. and it works till I have to click register your device... I was so happy I didn't have to root because I have 3 year with geek squad but found it didnt work :(.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord