Release Date/Price Speculation/Hopes

BitHeroes

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think this sucker will cost, and when?

I think ?599, first week in March.

Hopefully it costs less/comes sooner, but I doubt it :p

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
So what is going on here is a completely, unlocked, unbranded device that will work on the 850 band? If so, I'm on board

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone thing it will be released in N. America in March? Or is the consensus that it will be available in Europe in March?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone thing it will be released in N. America in March? Or is the consensus that it will be available in Europe in March?
International version for March.

The US carriers have to squeeze their little apps on there and customize the physical look of the phone so their version is different. That takes some time lol.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
No date yet but most seem to think end of March, but i'm hoping a bit sooner, especially since it's launching this month in Europe.

cesarb

May 20, 2010
Visit site
For real... Im willing to return my Nexus S for this phone. Hopefully its next month...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Fury#AC

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Sad in Canada

Well I am waiting for this for eagerly - but I am not getting my hopes up for anything soon here in Canada. With the first Galaxy S in the U.S. it was released late June early July... In Canada we got ours late Oct. due to the shortage of Amoled Screens. So instead of short listing North America Samsung instead said screw you Canada and left us dry. Hopefully not another repeat of that.

YoungSpade8

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It appears that is the case. Atrix vs unlocked S2 is a tough one.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Definitely this. I was going for the whole Atrix bundle until it was priced at 500 with the dock and required a tethering plan; that killed it for me.

However im loving the Galaxy S 2 and will definitely upgrade to this phone.

Itsperfecto

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a fantastic phone. Loved my galaxy s and nexus s. Now the screen the size of the evo, gingerbread, dual core and super amoeled plus! I'm excited. The only problem......

Touchwiz. #bummer
As long as there are custom roms, I'll get this phone

@itsPERFECTO

ceno666

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I read often that the sgs2 will be released in Europe first, good for me :p BUT is there any expectation when this will happen?
I mean, they are showing the kick ass android device for this year and there is no really release date announced.
Are they trying to torture us? :confused:

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hopes for me july release on verizonwireless with lte in tow I would be a happy camper

There's no way I could wait for July to come around. For T-Mo, it better be here by late March/ early April. Maybe we'll learn something at CTIA. When is that again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia