Retrieving contacts, pics, texts from broken Moto E4?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The LCD behind my screen has bitten the dust. The interface is now basically black with a few colors.I need to retrieve all the data mentioned above. No I did not back up. Yes not smart. Can this be done somehow without paying the exorbitant charge for a LCD replacement ?? The phone is otherwise ok as in I can still answer calls. That's it though. It's a cheap phone but all I need. Running Android 7.1
Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the contacts were only saved to the local Phone account, then you won't be able to access them. Local contacts are saved in an SQLite database in a protected system directory, so it's not a simple file you could copy. Are you sure you didn't save the contacts to your Google account instead? Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser and see if they're there.

Texts are also not easily accessible as a simple file. You might consider asking your carrier if there's any way for them to copy your texts from their server for you, but as far as I know, they don't do this kind of thing.

For photos -- first, if you have an SD card, check to see if you were saving your photos there by default, rather than Internal Storage. If so, then it's a simple matter of inserting the card into your PC and copying the photos over. If the photos are saved to Internal Storage, then it's trickier. In order for the PC to read the phone's Internal Storage via USB, you have to unlock the screen and set the USB connection to MTP (since Charge Only is the default). This would require the touchscreen to still work, even though you can't see anything, and would require you to be able to enter your screen lock method blindly, as described here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...de-accessing-locked-phone-cracked-screen.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali