[REVIEW] Incipio DualPro for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeJFwNQIgHk&t=1s

The DualPro is a time-honored case series, and staple of Incipio’s inventory. I have reviewed many of these cases for multiple devices for one significant reason, because they are fantastic. I am typically not interested in more protective style cases because of their size and heft price tag, but the DualPro has a fairly slim profile and a much slimmer price tag than many of its competitors. Additionally, the DualPro still adheres to the old-world method of protection, which is relying on a soft insert surrounded by a hard-exterior shell to offer the ultimate level protection for your phone. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the Incipio DualPro for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

20180919_215940.jpg

The Look: The DualPro looks sharp from top to bottom. It comes in five different color offerings: Black, Iridescent Gray/Gray, Iridescent Red/Black, Iridescent Rose Gold/Gray, and Midnight Blue. The color that I have is the Iridescent Gray/Gray, which offers a nice two-tone look. The colors referenced here that have the two different colors are all two-toned, meaning that the underlying soft rubber case is a different color than the outer shell, which is pretty cool. For being a two-piece case, once you put the case together on the phone you really can’t tell. As far as DualPro cases go, I think this is the most seamless iteration yet, and it looks snazzy. It’s fairly slim for a protective style case and it contours the body of the phone well, which makes it seem less bulky.

20180919_220016.jpg
20180919_215957.jpg
20180919_220052.jpg

The Feel: The DualPro has a unique feel to it, which I have described before in previous iterations. Even though the material is made from a hard TPU material, it has an almost velvety sleek texture to it that feels softer to the touch. It really is rather unique when it comes to surface contact, especially compared to other cases. I will say that it feels nice in-hand, but it does have one small drawback; it’s difficult to hold onto when you’re holding it while laying down. If the weight of the phone is balanced and laid out horizontally then you won’t have any problems at all, but when the weight of the phone is pulling down and away from your hand – like when you hold it over your face in bed – it can be rather annoying. Other than that though, it feels great and is balanced well. The cutouts are unremarkable and thankfully the S Pen is easy to get in and out. I will say that I wish the USB-C port cutout was a little bit larger. It works perfectly fine for pretty much any charger, but if you want to use the USB converter then you won’t be able to plug it in, which is frustrating for me since I use that port to plug in my external microphone to record with – I’m assuming this will affect a rather small population. The buttons are firm and responsive, and even though the case is solid and protective, it still supports wireless charging!

20180919_220102.jpg
IMG_20180919_220232.jpg

Security: Security is one of the primary reasons for buying the DualPro case, and with good reason! The DualPro offers 10ft of drop protection, which is fantastic. I don’t recommend ever dropping your phone from 10ft, but if you do then you can cringe a little less while you watch your phone plummet to the earth. The DualPro case uses the two-piece, synergistic approach of combining their patented Plextonium-based inner case, combined with the hard-outer shell for maximum protection. Additionally, the cutouts for the fingerprint sensor and biometric sensor on the back are recessed to protect them when you place the case down on a flat surface. Last but not least, the front of the case has wraparound coverage to protect your screen from contact with flat surfaces as well. The DualPro pulls this off by adding a little extra lip around the front facing bezels on the edges and corners, ensuring the screen of the phone is lifted every so slightly when you place it face-down.

IMG_20180919_220321.jpg
IMG_20180919_220336.jpg
IMG_20180919_220344.jpg

Conclusion: The DualPro case is a solid protective case with a rich history of device protection. The entire phone case is balanced, offering protection, good looks, and the price won’t kill your wallet. The DualPro cost $29.99, which is a pretty good price considering the amount of protection that you get, along with the brand recognition of Incipio. There are a few minor drawbacks that I mentioned above regarding the texture and the charging port, but they definitely aren’t show stoppers for most people. I can recommend this case for pretty much anybody, regardless of whether you’re throwing it in your gym bag or carrying it around in your suit – thought that’s kind of hard with the Note 9 in general because of its size.

IMG_20180919_220340.jpg

If you’re interested in picking up one Incipio’s fancy new DualPro cases for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, you can find them on Incipio’s website for $29.99 - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...amsung-galaxy-note-9-case.html&token=rvImKfbj - As mentioned above, the case does come in five different colors: Black, Iridescent Gray/Gray, Iridescent Red/Black, Iridescent Rose Gold/Gray, and Midnight Blue. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comments section.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have not had one since the iPhone 3g. Anyway the newer ones look thinner and cheaper. For $10 cheaper you can get the Armadillotek case for the Note 9 or pay $10 more, or same price depending on where you buy it and get the SAmsung rugged case.

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I feel like this one is better than the Note 8 version. It has slimmed down some and it fits the phone really well. There are definitely tons of great cases in the $20 price range. I do have a lot of trust in the brand name and the drop protection rating though. It's solid all the way around. However, saying that I also gravitate back to my Ringke Fusion-X case more often than not because it's really lightweight and fits the phone so well. It just all depends on what you like, what you're willing to spend and how much protection you want.