[Review] SGFreshIdea InvisShield Pixel 2 XL Tempered Glass Screen Protector

thacounty

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
https://www.sgfreshidea.com/invissh...l-full-adhesive-tempered-glass-clear-set.html

I got the Invisshield from SGFresh last week. I was excited to try this out, as I have never used a LOCA screen protector before.

When you open the box, you are greeted with a plethora of tools. The great thing about this is, it contains all the tools you’ll need for install including the level! I watched the videos on their site a couple of times (especially important is the video on how to get the bubbles out of the corners). The box comes with a couple bottles of LOCA in case you mess up once, the protector, an alcohol wipe, lint free rags, level, a wedge sponge, and a nano wipe to add oleophobic coating once finished.

I set everything up and got the surface level. I turned on the video, cleaned the phone, glass, and opened the loca. This being my first time I didn’t realize how far up the phone the sponge needs to go. You need to ensure that the sponge is holding the glass pretty high, or you’ll end up behind like I was! It took about 8-10 minutes for the glue to spread and I started working on bubbles. I’m very particular about bubbles as I installed protectors at Best Buy for a couple of years, so I worked at this for almost 30 minutes. I finally got them all out as I wiped excess LOCA away and felt good enough to start curing the glue. (Side Note: I think the bubbles were from lack of LOCA because I didn’t have the glass high enough and it hit the loca immediately. This caused it to run a little and I had to wipe more away than I wanted to. Also, you don’t need to wipe away as much as you think.) Wipe away all excess loca, and turn on the light. The light will turn off on its own. Set it over the top half of the phone and turn it on, once it turns off, move it to the bottom half and turn it on again. Do this 6 times, 3 for each half, and you are cured. Wipe away anything else left on the phone with a damp cloth, and wipe on the Nano Coating.

The protector is very smooth. I’ve been dealing with a gummy wet install protector and this is NIGHT AND DAY! I have no loss of screen sensitivity, and it feels amazing. It covers most of the screen so not all cases will work. I grabbed a Ringke fusion minimalist case, but it still butts right up to the protector. I have another glass, so I’m not super worried about it, but I am worried that it will lift it at some point. This is not a knock on the protector, but be prepared for this. You will start to love the feel of the naked phone! If it was less slippery I would remove the case, but I’m a klutz so I have to live with cases. You can’t go wrong with this screen protector, especially if you are looking for more coverage than the competitive LOCA protector offers. I've spent almost a week with it on, and I have yet to find a single issue with it.
IMG_1965.jpgIMG_1964.jpgIMG_1963.jpgIMG_1962.jpgIMG_1961.jpg

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Intrigued by this. Trying to order it from their website, but keep getting a spinning circle when I try to check out
:-(

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
So, I did finally get to the place where I can order it. But... $15 dollars for shipping and it comes to essentially the same price as the Whitestone Dome which is $45 on Amazon with free Prime shipping. And the Dome is 1-2 day shipping vs 4-9 days for this. Thinking I'll go for the Dome.