Ringtones

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I got my new S21 ultra and managed to get through the smart switch. FYI not all aps transfer or maybe I'm just having a hard time finding them, some showed on the settings but not the icons.

Ringtones - I managed to set a preferred ringtone for a general ring. However, I can't seem to find a way to set one for individual numbers. Was fairly simple on the pixel and I thought it would be the same here, not so much.

Any suggestions?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok. I got my new S21 ultra and managed to get through the smart switch. FYI not all aps transfer or maybe I'm just having a hard time finding them, some showed on the settings but not the icons.

Ringtones - I managed to set a preferred ringtone for a general ring. However, I can't seem to find a way to set one for individual numbers. Was fairly simple on the pixel and I thought it would be the same here, not so much.

Any suggestions?
Go to...

Contacts > Name of contact > Edit > (scroll to bottom) View more > Ringtone... set the preferred ringtone for that contact > Save

2sWWYUBl.png

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Go to...

Contacts > Name of contact > Edit > (scroll to bottom) View more > Ringtone... set the preferred ringtone for that contact > Save

https://i.imgur.com/2sWWYUBl.png

I wish they would bring back text tone for contacts. I switched to Textra because of that. And then I went to Google messages for a while. But I mostly chat with people through Facebook Messenger so I went back to Samsung texting because it matches my themes.

I still can't swipe good on the Samsung keyboard though I like Gboard the best. And I just changed their theme color to match whatever theme is on my phone.

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Go to...

https://i.imgur.com/2sWWYUBl.png

Thanks. Actually when I first did this the "Ringtone" link did not show, there was a different item in the spot below messenger accounts. But when I clicked on it then "Ringtones" came up.
In any case, thanks I did manage to set personalized ringtones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie