Notification sounds on S23

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

How to have different notification sounds by individual in text messages​

renderTimingPixel.png

I just traded in my S10 for an S23. In the S10 it was possible to have different notification sounds set for different people in texting. I can't find that feature in the S23. Did it go away? I did notice that now I can set different ringtones for different people, a feature that was not on the S10. Thanks.

mgiazzi

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Just go into Contacts and select the contact you want to change the ringtone for, then press the i button and then select the more button with 3 dots at bottom right hand corner and select change ring tone of your choice. Hopefully that should work for you.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah back in the day you had under contacts besides ringtones text tones for everyone it went away. Not sure but I think if you delete the text thread you have to reset the tone and put it in again I am not sure haven't set it up in a while.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah back in the day you had under contacts besides ringtones text tones for everyone it went away. Not sure but I think if you delete the text thread you have to reset the tone and put it in again I am not sure haven't set it up in a while.
that hasn't happened to me in a year or so, so I think the notification sound sticks even after deleting the thread

Reactions: Rose4uKY

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the comments. Mustang nailed it above and all is well. The selections on the contact made lots of sense, but thanks to Mustang I got it going again. Don't know why they have to make it so difficult. Seems like they forgot about it in the later release and added it as an afterthought.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the comments. Mustang nailed it above and all is well. The selections on the contact made lots of sense, but thanks to Mustang I got it going again. Don't know why they have to make it so difficult. Seems like they forgot about it in the later release and added it as an afterthought.
Anytime , welcome 👍

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
that hasn't happened to me in a year or so, so I think the notification sound sticks even after deleting the thread
Really oh wow I need to try again. I gave up and haven't had special text tone for certain people in a while but my problem is several text and ringtones it may be mostly text don't remember but when I switched phones one time and added them to here they don't play I get an error message and am not even sure where they are on my phone.

Yeah mine says the player doesn't support this type of file but they played on other phones. It may started with the 22 but it could've been the 21 and now of course I have the 23.

Edit: Nope I just tried it changed the tone deleted the thread it defaulted back to the original one it doens't work for me. :-(

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek