roaming notification

tbing13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Called sprint they told me to take it in to store. I bought my phone at best buy so I took it there and they reset it and still same problem. Best buy did say if that didn't fix problem they would give me a new gs3

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
driving me nuts... still can't get it to stop. When I leave area of my Airave it dings, when I come back it dings, when it roams it dings, when it stops roaming it dings!!!!

Can't turn it off!

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, this is really really annoying. You have to manually clear out the notification every time also, it won't even go away when you have returned to Sprint coverage. I roam almost every day at some point, (thanks to Sprints crappy coverage) and this is getting old fast!

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, this is really really annoying. You have to manually clear out the notification every time also, it won't even go away when you have returned to Sprint coverage. I roam almost every day at some point, (thanks to Sprints crappy coverage) and this is getting old fast!

Mine doesn't show a notification to clear out. It just dings, nothing to clear.

another thing I can't figure out how to turn off... When I get a text, when I pick my phone up off the table/desk it vibrates just to let me know I have a new notification just in case I just stick my phone in my pocket without looking. I'd rather save that battery power, but can't turn it off.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

another thing I can't figure out how to turn off... When I get a text, when I pick my phone up off the table/desk it vibrates just to let me know I have a new notification just in case I just stick my phone in my pocket without looking. I'd rather save that battery power, but can't turn it off.

How about turning off the system sounds in the sound setting. I roam fairly often and have never heard it.

onslaught460

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

That's in "Settings --> Motion --->Smart alert" Disable it and it will stop.

AdamBv1

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried PRL and profile updates as well as every possible combination of roaming settings and always had this pop up randomly. The confusing part is I have very good coverage everywhere I go around here so I'm not sure why it ever went roaming in the first place. I know my old Epic would not roam in the same areas.

I ended up just setting the roaming network to sprint only for now to stop the messages from showing up, I will just change it if I really end up in an area I need roaming.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
good to know I'm not the only person that is having this issue. I've tried turning everything imaginable off, and still no help. I call it "the Phantom notification". I'm pretty sure it does it whenever, not only when I'm roaming.

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
You need to turn off the "Smart alert". Go to Settings->Motion->and turn off Smart alert. That will stop the phone from vibrating whenever you get a new text and then pick up the phone.

bkosh84

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife was getting this same thing on her's Tuesday night, but I wasn't for some reason.. She was also bouncing between roaming/3g/no service in the area we were (and I wasn't.. I was showing weak 3g coverage).. It was very strange.. We'll have to check again when we go down to that area we were at and see how it goes..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid