[ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: GPS/GTalk voice/video fix! :: 5/16

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding the switch from 4g to 3g is working for me now oddly. Let's see how long that lasts. As much as the modem crashing was a setback, it was an easy, quick fix, and as much as I miss the overclocking, at the end of the day I can stream Netflix. Worth it.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Everything was working great, since I got it all up and running 2 days ago. I had a weird crash today, the phone shut off and upon turning it back on, I cannot get the 3g radio to turn on. It just has a circle with a line through it where the 3G symbol was. I tried airplane mode, but it just remains checked and won't turn off. I've rebooted a couple times to no avail.

EDIT - I just re odined the ee03-modem and it seems to be all fixed. Anyone have any clue as to why it happened in the first place?

My epic on ee03 has been doing the same thing. Not so much crashing and not having the modem come back, but usually upon reaching full charge overnight, it would shut down. A battery pull would bring things back to normal. When the circle with slash comes up, if you go to "about phone", you'll find the baseband and hardware versions are unknown. After a battery pull and having the modem come back to life, it shows the proper basebands. I have had this happen with both the EC05 and EE03 modem files, flashed via ODIN. I am going back to stock froyo for a few days to make sure it's not a hardware issue.

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: GPS/GTalk

k0nane and the Android Creative Syndicate present...
"Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03
Deodexed, prerooted - RFS ONLY

The Android Creative Syndicate: From spontaneous ingenuity comes creative brilliance.

Hey look, tasty treats! This one tastes a lot like... Gingerbread. Om nom. This is the EE03 build, which is very much improved over ED12. The bugs that existed before are gone - 4G works, GPS works, charging works, the temperature sensor appears to be normal... This is not a final build, but it's a lot closer. We have to give credit where credit is due and thank Samsprint for stepping it up. 2.3 is looking like it's not going to suck even a little bit!

This is RFS-only. There is no EXT4 support as of yet; our kernel team is always busy, and given the lack of success we had with ED12's kernel, hacking in EXT4 wasn't something that was incredibly high on the priorities list. Our kernel team may look at it soon, but we wanted to get this to you as soon as our source gave us the green light. The kernel is rooted, and contains Busybox for your device usage pleasure.

How To Install
Odin (download) to stock EC05 (download), use the CWM3.0.2.5 one-click (NOT CWM2.5) (download), wipe data/cache three times, and flash the ROM.

Screenshots

oTDko.jpg

Ok question, im looking to flash this. I have rooted ota stock EC05. No special stuff, all i have is cwm 2.5.x. Can i just install the new cwm and flash this instead of odining back to stock ec05?

Last edited:

trevisbarnes

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Ok I am not so tech savvy in the phone flashing arena and wanna know how to flash the phone wo the tar file. I load odin and get to the part wear you click pda and cannot find a file to choose to flash my epic.

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Ok I am not so tech savvy in the phone flashing arena and wanna know how to flash the phone wo the tar file. I load odin and get to the part wear you click pda and cannot find a file to choose to flash my epic.

This rom is flashed in CWM. Just get on the stock, deodexed EE03, download and put the zip of this rom on your SD card, then go into CWM, wipe 3x, then install the zip of this rom you just downloaded and moved to the SD card.

I hope it's not confusing what I put. I've never really explained it to anyone. I just do it, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder