[ROM][ACS]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2 (Updated 6/20)

dead78

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
No need to have midnight ROM to be able to install the stuff in extras. Basically it is a collection of stock apps and such typically excluded from ROMs for the obvious reason of many or most don't care to have the apps.

Sounds good. Where can one find just the MidnightROM extras?

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Voodoo Control 0.10 is installed. And I assume is the same version in SFR 1.2. I was looking in appbrain and saw it indicate the market has a newer version of the app 1.0.7. Is it ok to update to this? I notice the app catalog doesn't see it as installed like all my other apps so I wanted to make sure I'm not going to mess anything up by clicking install.

dead78

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

thanks. actually had to do a bit of digging since those links provided point to his autism awareness page and not the location of the android app.

for anyone running Syndicate who's installed only the Midnight ROM extras, I'd appreciate a little bit of a walkthrough. is there any danger to Syndicate in installing this via clockwork?

edit: after looking at that zip file, I think those extras could be a bit overkill.

Paul, if you're around, is that link you posted to the memo app that I quoted a couple of pages back safe to use?

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been getting problems when Journaling Is On? I've flashed this rom 3 times already :/ when i first flash it, Install 1.2final and Twighlight Kernel 1.1.1, then reboot from CWM,after the samsung screen it gives me a black screen and the buttons and keyboard are all light up, but nothing. come sup, should i leave it like this? or restart the phone?

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been getting problems when Journaling Is On? I've flashed this rom 3 times already :/ when i first flash it, Install 1.2final and Twighlight Kernel 1.1.1, then reboot from CWM,after the samsung screen it gives me a black screen and the buttons and keyboard are all light up, but nothing. come sup, should i leave it like this? or restart the phone?
I had that happen too Kikoshi. I just pulled the battery and restarted and it's been working fine since. Obviously something that probably shouldn't happen did occur, but it happened a week ago and I haven't had any problems since, so I'm not sure if it's that damaging...

Reactions: Kikoshi

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen too Kikoshi. I just pulled the battery and restarted and it's been working fine since. Obviously something that probably shouldn't happen did occur, but it happened a week ago and I haven't had any problems since, so I'm not sure if it's that damaging...
yeah, that freaked me out,and some how installing the JournalOn.zip file to enable journaling, breaks this rom's performance for some reason...i restart the phone due to a few preferences that i've changed and can only be shown after a system restart, so i hold the power button and shut the system off normaly, not restart, wait for the full shutdown, then start the phone again, when it boots up, and i unlock the screen, a $ht load of FC's im like...wtf lmao.
So I've been flashing this rom 1.2 like 7 times already, and i do have a copybackup from CWM before i added the Journaling just in case* good thing too* because its annoying to keep adding the RotationScreenlag fix all the time i flash it, but can the developers please, have a look at what is causing this error? I'll give all the information nessesary for this, and i can recreate the problem as well.

dead78

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Unzipping the extras zip you point to the individual zip you want from those that are extracted.

sorry for being so dense but by this do you mean unzipping the extras zip on my computer and dropping only specific files to my SD card or unzipping the extras zip with clockwork?

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any problem with the bluetooth with linking it with their in car system? It always seemed a little buggy whith the phone and never had a problem with my HTC hero connecting but as of today it will not link anymore. Sometime when it would connect, it would just say bluetooth radio with frequency and then sometime it would correct itself but. Nothing now. The phone will see the car bluetooth and say it's connecting but never does. Any help would be great. I have a 2010 chevy Equinox LTZ.

I have this problem too, with all 3 of my bluetooth devices. I just updated the ROM from 1.1.1, where bluetooth was working perfectly, but now that I'm on 1.2 the phone won't connect to any device. It pairs up alright, but gets stuck on the "Connecting..." part, and eventually the headset just disconnects itself. Looks like I'm going back to 1.1.1 for the time being.

UPDATE: Bluetooth devices connect only if WiFi is off. After the headset is connected, WiFi can be turned back on without ill effect. Having to toggle WiFi off and back on every time I want to use a bluetooth device, though, is still inconvenient.

Last edited:

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
sorry for being so dense but by this do you mean unzipping the extras zip on my computer and dropping only specific files to my SD card or unzipping the extras zip with clockwork?

Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes by unzipping I mean while connected to the PC to copy files to your device you can unzip with whatever app you like. My favorite is 7zip. You can put all of the stuff that was unzipped on your SD card if you like or just the few things you want to install.

DaveWW00

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
just switched over from stock to this rom and love it. few small issues maybe someone can help me with:

-in the notification tab below all the wifi, vibrate, 4g, etc buttons where it should say "Sprint" it says "ACS" instead. Anyway to get that to correctly show the network its connected to? A few screenshots i've seen of this rom show Sprint there not ACS.

-4G connection was really bad today. It would be connected to 4g network but nothing could connect to the internet; if i turned off 4g they all connected to the internet immediately. Anybody know if Sprint was having 4g problems in Cincinnati today or is this an issue with the rom or kernel?

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
That is more or less just a value set by the ROM in this case they set it to ACS. With the stock ROM it shows the carriers name you have service with. In our case sprint. I don't believe it shows carriers names when you roam. I'm almost never somewhere I can't get a signal with sprint so I can't say if when roaming if it is blank when roaming. Unfortunately I'm not aware if there is a user way to edit that. I hear in areas where they are deploying 4G the connection can be spotty until they complete deployment other than that I don't know much about 4G we don't ave it where I live yet.

CptDanger88

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I also started using a single profile: Screen off/ 100min. 200max/ priority 100%

Play with Conservitive and Ondemand. CPUSpy showed me that while on Ondemand it actually spent very little time at 1200 (~11-14%) and the rest at 200 or sleep.. So it seemed that yes it went to the higher voltage but took care of it quick and came right back down, rather than spending more time in the mid level voltages.. It showed more % time in these mid level (400-1000) voltages in Conservative. You'll have to test yourself.. I was OC'd at 1200max.using VC and SetCPU.

Also, if you go with Clean Kernel v.1.05 you don't have to run Voltage Control or SetCPU, thus savining battery as well. Emerald Envey 2.0 seems to be talking about battery life settling in after a few days or more of cycling it, but not too good at first.. Something in their programming I believe..

Post your results.. I'm currently ruuning Frozen 1.2 testing it out as well.

Question regarding this, since I still feel like I'm a mega noob. Would it be necessary to have both SetPCU AND Voltage Control, Or would I just be able to run SetPCU, and uninstall VC? Also, on SetPCU, for my profile, would I have to check the Enable box? And Set on Boot?

Thanks for any questions answered.

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Question regarding this, since I still feel like I'm a mega noob. Would it be necessary to have both SetPCU AND Voltage Control, Or would I just be able to run SetPCU, and uninstall VC? Also, on SetPCU, for my profile, would I have to check the Enable box? And Set on Boot?

Thanks for any questions answered.

One or the other.

Reactions: CptDanger88