[ROM][ACS]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2 (Updated 6/20)

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The Google Application Framework has Unexpectedly Stopped and a TON of other Unexpectedly Stopped error messages pop up all the time. Calling, saving contacts, calendar, everything.

Firmware: 2.2.1
Baseband: S:D700.0.55.EC05
Kernal: 2.6.32.9
Build: SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2

I cleared Cache multiple times and re-installed multiple times and cleared settings multiple times. Still does the same thing.

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The Google Application Framework has Unexpectedly Stopped and a TON of other Unexpectedly Stopped error messages pop up all the time. Calling, saving contacts, calendar, everything.

Firmware: 2.2.1
Baseband: S:D700.0.55.EC05
Kernal: 2.6.32.9
Build: SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2

I cleared Cache multiple times and re-installed multiple times and cleared settings multiple times. Still does the same thing.

Did you forcibly reboot your phone (battery pull or 3-finger reboot)? If so you may have to wipe and reflash the ROM. Try the fix permissions option in CWM first though.

Sent from my Epic 4G

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you forcibly reboot your phone (battery pull or 3-finger reboot)? If so you may have to wipe and reflash the ROM. Try the fix permissions option in CWM first though.

Sent from my Epic 4G

Actually this seems to start happening when I run out of battery and the phone shuts down (rather frequently if I'm out in the field since the battery life sucks so bad on the Epic).

I can't be wiping all my data and reflashing the ROM every single time this happens. Any other solutions? Why would it do this? I never had this happen on MidNightROM.

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually this seems to start happening when I run out of battery and the phone shuts down (rather frequently if I'm out in the field since the battery life sucks so bad on the Epic).

I can't be wiping all my data and reflashing the ROM every single time this happens. Any other solutions? Why would it do this? I never had this happen on MidNightROM.

Any ROM without journaling has this risk if not shut down properly.

Sent from my Epic 4G

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ahhhh... interesting. Shall I enable Journaling, then? What's the downside?

The only downside is that everything will be a little more sluggish. If you're ok to trade off some speed for a lower chance of data corruption, then enabling journaling may be a good idea.

Sent from my Epic 4G

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
What's the best kernel to use with SRF 1.2? I started with a clean install of EC05 and SRF 1.2 with Genocide kernel. It worked great for about a day until I lost all sound and couldn't make or receive calls. Battery level was all over with this combo. I would be at 70% one minute and get a low battery warning the next. I reset the battery stats but still had the problem.

I am now running Twilight Zone kernel and so far so good. Just wondering what the most stable combination is.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
The only downside is that everything will be a little more sluggish. If you're ok to trade off some speed for a lower chance of data corruption, then enabling journaling may be a good idea.

Sent from my Epic 4G

I recommend turning journaling on. I have had to reflash SFR several times about once every 2 months because of similar reasons to what fuzzybabybunny mentioned. With the right tweaking of stuff any impact journaling has will be negligible. I changed all the FA, VA, SS, HA, CP, and EA values so that android keeps my memory about 50% free when not using any apps and about 25% free when using apps. At least I'm assuming the amount while using apps.

What's the best kernel to use with SRF 1.2? I started with a clean install of EC05 and SRF 1.2 with Genocide kernel.<snip>

I am now running Twilight Zone kernel and so far so good. Just wondering what the most stable combination is.

Both of these worked the same for me. Both were very stable, both got excellent consistent battery life, nd other than that I couldn't tell the difference between the two. I'm sure there is under the hood stuff I'm not familiar with between the two kernels. I've not bothered to get all fancy with any of that. If TWZ is working well for you then I would recommend staying with it.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I recommend turning journaling on. I have had to reflash SFR several times about once every 2 months because of similar reasons to what fuzzybabybunny mentioned. With the right tweaking of stuff any impact journaling has will be negligible. I changed all the FA, VA, SS, HA, CP, and EA values so that android keeps my memory about 50% free when not using any apps and about 25% free when using apps. At least I'm assuming the amount while using apps.

Both of these worked the same for me. Both were very stable, both got excellent consistent battery life, nd other than that I couldn't tell the difference between the two. I'm sure there is under the hood stuff I'm not familiar with between the two kernels. I've not bothered to get all fancy with any of that. If TWZ is working well for you then I would recommend staying with it.

Thanks for the reply. I started having issues with SRF1.2/TWZ as well...not sure what is going on as earlier versions of SRF worked well for me.

Oh well, I just flashed Bonsai 4.1.3 and may stay here until there is an actual GB release.

bradleypariah

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked before (I did a forum search on this thread prior to posting but didn't find anything), but is anyone else able to save pictures from the default browser? Say I look up a pic for my wallpaper, find one I like, long-press the pic and choose "save image". My browser crashes every time I do that.

I downloaded Firefox and it does not have that issue, but I thought someone might want to be aware.
I am curious if it is just me experiencing that.

I find the default browser to be much faster than Firefox, so I'd rather use that.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
That crash when downloading images is the reason I started using Dolphin Browser. I now prefer it to stock and even use it on my Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked before (I did a forum search on this thread prior to posting but didn't find anything), but is anyone else able to save pictures from the default browser? Say I look up a pic for my wallpaper, find one I like, long-press the pic and choose "save image". My browser crashes every time I do that.

I downloaded Firefox and it does not have that issue, but I thought someone might want to be aware.
I am curious if it is just me experiencing that.

I find the default browser to be much faster than Firefox, so I'd rather use that.

Miren is also great, really fast and light weight.

Sent from my Epic 4G

Reactions: bradleypariah

bradleypariah

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Miren is also great, really fast and light weight.

Sent from my Epic 4G
Wow! I had never heard of Miren. :D
I just downloaded it right now. I love it! It saves pics without crashing, and if you go to a website with a plugin embedded, it plays the plugin instead of downloading the sound/video to your SD card. .

I use YouMail, and Firefox was making me angry. I had to download every message I received, whereas Miren and the stock browser simply played the message right from the mobile website. I also really like the "Chrome-esque" home page with the fast-dial launchers

Good looking out! I'm surprised I'd never heard of Miren before. I tried Firefox, Opera, Dolphin, and Skyfire. Every single one of those apps had some stupid little quirk about it that I couldn't stand.

Problem solved :)

Last edited:

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I had never heard of Miren. :D
I just downloaded it right now. I love it! It saves pics without crashing, and if you go to a website with a plugin embedded, it plays the plugin instead of downloading the sound/video to your SD card. .

I use YouMail, and Firefox was making me angry. I had to download every message I received, whereas Miren and the stock browser simply played the message right from the mobile website. I also really like the "Chrome-esque" home page with the fast-dial launchers

Good looking out! I'm surprised I'd never heard of Miren before. I tried Firefox, Opera, Dolphin, and Skyfire. Every single one of those apps had some stupid little quirk about it that I couldn't stand.

Problem solved :)

No prob, I felt the same way about the other browsers until I found Miren.

Sent from my Epic 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582