ROM ALERT: Epic Experience Eclair v1.2.09

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm using ASOP Original ROM with MixUP kernel. Can I flash this rom without having to reflash the kernel?

Last edited:

dmlee

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to reflash a kernel. If you go to the dev's page, he says that there is no kernel included with this ROM.

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to reflash a kernel. If you go to the dev's page, he says that there is no kernel included with this ROM.

This ROM works great with the mixup kernel in the epic section of xda.

Unfortunately there is a weird "fight" going on in that section because xda has taken down the epic experience thread. He was giving early beta releases to donators only but still releasing stable releases to the community. Seems the mods didn't like it and they deleted his thread. He will be making his own website tonight and hopefully in a couple of days he'll be distributing his new rom updates.

This ROM mixed with the mixup kernel has let me keep the phone on pretty much all day. 10 hours under moderate use and light usage is more than 20. High usage I'd say 7 hours. That's with the stock battery. The mixup kernel allows overclocking to 1.2 but I left mine at 1ghz, cause it's fast enough for now.

BRING BACK EPIC EXPERIENCE PLEASE!

snarf77

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
7 hrs on 3g or wifi?

yeah the mods are jerks

i was a donator but havent used it cuz i didnt dl the extras from that post

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
7 hrs on 3g or wifi?

yeah the mods are jerks

i was a donator but havent used it cuz i didnt dl the extras from that post

Well I'm going to do measure the battery better tomorrow but i'm keeping everything on 3g because that's my usual use case scenario when i'm outside.

right now im running it on 3g. I've had it unplugged for about 7 hours already. used it for twitter/facebook/browsing/dropbox/minimal youtube/. I still have 35 percent left. I will do a better test tomorrow. but this is without gps, 4g, wifi, autosync on. The only autosyncing is with twitter. some texting.

Last night it went from 5pm- 12pm and it was under heavy usage, gps, some 4g, google maps, browsing, yelp, lots of texting, watched like 5 minutes of a movie.

I honestly don't quite know what's good or bad but this hasn't been the worse so far so im living with it.

What kind of battery life do you get?

anon(64661)

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I just installed 1.2.02 (coming from BakedSnack ROM) and I do like how they kept it at more of a minimalistic stock feel, but in a more customizable environment. So far it feels very stable and looks much better.

I had a lot of bugs with BakedSnack - we'll see how this works out.

I installed this ROM with ClockworkMod and had absolutely no hitches.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting forever force closes with the youtube app. On 1.2.04 and phoenix kernel. 1.49 :(

Sent through the epic milky way.

Looks like the Market and YouTube are both having problems in this version. The dev is very quick to update, so keep a look out for a new version with bug fixes.

MeOverTrance

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Phoenix 1.48 and EE 1.2.03 was the best combination I ever had. Then I updated Phoenix to 1.49 and EE to 1.2.04 and I hated it. Overall chopiness, lots of freezing and batt pulls. To think I came so close to the perfect duo

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
2 questions: (By the way, I love this ROM. It's really amazing!)

1. You mentioned thinkfree office was left in folder if we wanted to add it back? I can't find it. can you please share where it is?

2. Does the build number (1.3 voodoo) mean it's overclocked to 1.3? If so, that's awesome!

**edit
found the thinkfree office here - http://schizopunk.com/EpicExperience/Add-Ons & Patches/signed_thinkdroid.zip

thanks!

Last edited:

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe this ROM comes with a kernel anymore, you have to flash your own. It sounds like you still have the Baked Snack kernel installed.

interesting. I installed baked snack and then wiped everything to install epic experience. do I have to do something else to remove? it works great with no issues.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you aren't having any problems I would stick with your current setup - Baked Snack is a great kernel (that's why I'm personally using it :p).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soikeobong2024