ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garymeister

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Alpha10 aokp is smooth. Did a clean installation (not update). New things work (camera, video, 3G, gps...), but media intensive apps (BeWeatherPro, YouTube, Gallery Vids...) are choppy however. Force close of Market, settings, and other apps is very frequent causing the device to reboot unexpectedly. ROM settings is lacking still in optimization; idk if CPU has anything to do with aokp instability? It won't allow to make permanent changes to it. Other than this the ROM is very close to transitioning to BETA it feels like :) Great work and I am glad have gotten to try this out. Thanks again!

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys i am currently on cm7.1 Jerry's build and am thinking of trying this out, what would you recommend being the most stable build to use?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys i am currently on cm7.1 Jerry's build and am thinking of trying this out, what would you recommend being the most stable build to use?

Alpha10 is the latest. In general this ROM is not ready as a daily driver. It is alpha and does have bugs. If you understand that and still want to try it. Just do a backup, flash as you would any other rom, and have fun :) it is approaching beta status and perhaps you can live with the bugs that are there

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Generally, the CyanogenMod team is leading the way with both arm6 support (that's our cpu) and general stability. So, as a general rule CM9 will be the most stable.

AOKP does not support arm6 (at least not yet) so I had to pick through the code and make that work. That sort of makes it less stable by definition. But other than that, they follow CM9 closely.

AOSP is waaaay behind. I'm still trying to get the phone working. But it's doing remarkably well for the amount of attention I've given to it.

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I must be the only one havnt seen anyone else with problem phone will not charge on akop but charges just fine on harmonia or any iho rom

I also had problems with charging on aokp. Turning my phone off and letting the charging screen come up for a minute or so and turning back on got it charging again. It would charge with phone off and in recovery, just not while actually using the phone. :-\

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, there wasn't an equalizer built into CM9 and yet it was built into AOKP. That's the main reason I went back to using AOKP, besides the weather integration and a few added mods. Is there any way you can include MusicFX in the next CM9 build?

Sent from my LG-VM670 running quattrimus AOKP alpha10 using Tapatalk

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, there wasn't an equalizer built into CM9 and yet it was built into AOKP. That's the main reason I went back to using AOKP, besides the weather integration and a few added mods. Is there any way you can include MusicFX in the next CM9 build?

There's a few mods over at xda in the optimus v theme and mods area where they got dsp manager and another one like called SRS working on CM9, all you have to do is remove a few files and flash a zip.

Reactions: chellebelle

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Generally, the CyanogenMod team is leading the way with both arm6 support (that's our cpu) and general stability. So, as a general rule CM9 will be the most stable.

AOKP does not support arm6 (at least not yet) so I had to pick through the code and make that work. That sort of makes it less stable by definition. But other than that, they follow CM9 closely.

AOSP is waaaay behind. I'm still trying to get the phone working. But it's doing remarkably well for the amount of attention I've given to it.

just tried cm9 vs aosp i tried the other day. it's no more stable than asop was. accessing about anything usually results in a short freeze and crash to reboot. i left statistics running as long as possible. after three crash reboots just opening settings,i said to hell with it.

aaronmfisher86

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Couple Questions...
1.) I know there's a handful of CM9 themes out there. I'd like to start learning how to theme and I was wondering if the CM9 theme engine will be implemented in the next release... or if it's in there already how does one go about using it?
2.) While CM9 is much more stable than AOKP I really miss the lockscreen customization, will lockscreen customization be built into the CM9 build eventually?

And finally this is just for reference for anyone wanting to know. If you add in the CM9 Reloaded thing it enables you to customize a bunch of stuff similar to AOKP on the CM9 build... kinda a best of both worlds.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
There's a few mods over at xda in the optimus v theme and mods area where they got dsp manager and another one like called SRS working on CM9, all you have to do is remove a few files and flash a zip.

Thank you, I'll check out SRS. Though I don't think I would need to remove any files since I already tried using MusixFX on CM9 and didn't get any equalizer presets. I'm hoping that means that directory is clean and just needs that simple flash without anything extra.

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't able to get DSP Manager to work after installing it. Tried all of the methods (flash in CWM, ADB Push Command, Root Explorer) and still no luck. SRS Audio is a great alternative to DSP Manager once you patch it up with the lib files. It works with the stock music player.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone found the magic cure for reboots on AOKP?

I've tried several different governers and clock speeds and it's the same result. It's definitely not just an overclock issue because the majority of my reboots were at overclock of 600.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It looks like I finally fixed the phone in AOSP, so now I'm on to syncing up with the latest goodies from CM9, AOKP, and team HAL. This includes more accurate battery stats, adjusted low-memory-killer parameters (should help with FC's), possibly a working camcorder (not built-in, but with a market app), and the CM9 theme engine.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
It looks like I finally fixed the phone in AOSP, so now I'm on to syncing up with the latest goodies from CM9, AOKP, and team HAL. This includes more accurate battery stats, adjusted low-memory-killer parameters (should help with FC's), possibly a working camcorder (not built-in, but with a market app), and the CM9 theme engine.

You made my day once again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod