[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
This ROM kicks a**. It is even better than 1.4 which I didn't think was possible. The only two things I really miss are the reboot option and the ability to use real HDMI.

Nice work fab, can't believe you aren't making big bucks selling your work.

HDMI is what I miss too. Especially since I will be going on vacation and love having the ability to use the HDMI cable + Netlix to watch movies at night.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else noticing insane battery improvement? Normally with my usage I am on the chargerafter 8-9 hours. After flashing RC2, I am getting a full day off an overnite charge.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So we have the power off animation.. anyway to enable the power on animation?

EDIT: Also, any way to install Google Talk 1.3 on this? I've tried multiple ways, all resulting in a FC from Google talk.

Last edited:

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
This may be a silly question, but will the flashable blur apks at the beginning of this thread also work on other roms? Or just on Apex? Curious about running the Blur camera on CM7.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Tried this ROM last night. I love the clean AOSP environment, but I had some problems with performance in LauncherPro. Screen transitions and previews run buttery smooth on Rubix Focused 2 in Froyo, but they were very choppy (for me, anyway) in Apex 2 on GB.

Heading back to Rubix for now (thank you, sbf_flash and nandroid!), may give Apex another look when the final build is released.

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Any progress reports or is this thread effectively dead? I've been looking at CM7 for DX, but they appear to still have enough stability/battery life issues to keep me from jumping right now... which is why I'm wondering about APEX 2.0.

Scott

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Tried this ROM last night. I love the clean AOSP environment, but I had some problems with performance in LauncherPro. Screen transitions and previews run buttery smooth on Rubix Focused 2 in Froyo, but they were very choppy (for me, anyway) in Apex 2 on GB.

Heading back to Rubix for now (thank you, sbf_flash and nandroid!), may give Apex another look when the final build is released.

I'm sure you gave it time to settle in cache and let it run it's initial course. Sounds like you flashed and dashed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Any progress reports or is this thread effectively dead? I've been looking at CM7 for DX, but they appear to still have enough stability/battery life issues to keep me from jumping right now... which is why I'm wondering about APEX 2.0.

Scott

You know this Rom is dated, has been for awhile, I'm so happy with it I don't really care about other Roms anymore. That's just me, if you wanna try something way out there and new go here.. http://rootzwiki.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Droid-X-Developer-Forum

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Scott

OMFGB is best out there! I was a huge Apex fan, but OMFGB has it all! Doesn't have the bugs that CM7 has. You can get the nightlies here -> Index of /nightlies/shadow

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
OMFGB is best out there! I was a huge Apex fan, but OMFGB has it all! Doesn't have the bugs that CM7 has. You can get the nightlies here -> Index of /nightlies/shadow
i took a look at omfgb but haven't installed. i've been waiting for apex but i fear fab's lost interest. no idea for sure. anyway, just wiped and went to stock gb rooted and am very impressed, both with speed and battery life. and, of course, everything actually works!

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
The bugs in CM7 are install related and alot have been narrowed down to not playing well with certain settings. Easy fixes.

From my CM7 X

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you gave it time to settle in cache and let it run it's initial course. Sounds like you flashed and dashed.

I gave it a few hours, which has always been more than enough time for everything to gel on Rubix, in my experience anyway.

How long do you suggest I give it?

bigsmoove

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
so if we installed that theme on the first page of this thread, how do we uninstall it?

** just reapplied the original rom. all good.

Last edited:

havensed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Love this rom, can't edit for the polished final, and possibly a toolbox.

Apex 2.0 RC2, at my speed, blurless is amazing, very blacked out with super green accent.