[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

norwoodsteel

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough I have flashed this twice (coming from the last version) with the same result. Phone boots, but several apps are missing and my Google account is not in place. Restored from cwm backup and tried again same result. Do I need to reflash gapps? Not all the missing apps were Google apps, by the way.

Restoring back to the last version now. I did NOT reload the .zip file but you'd think if it were corrupt it would be more spectacular that that ;-)

if you flash Gapps with the old market app it takes Google awhile to catch up and change to play store sometimes an hour or so.
i've been using a Gapps.zip with playstore already in it but can't figure out where i got it

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
if you flash Gapps with the old market app it takes Google awhile to catch up and change to play store sometimes an hour or so.
i've been using a Gapps.zip with playstore already in it but can't figure out where i got it

Well keep in mind that I'm not seeing it catch up and I never have had this on previous updates of the bobzhome ROM.

What's happening is I flash the ROM, clear the cache, etc. Then when I boot, several apps (not just Google apps) are missing and my Accounts do not show Google accounts even as an option. Now it may be that I just have to install google apps but that doesn't really explain the other missing apps and, like I say, I never had to do that before.

Hmm...

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
^^
Once again, I'm pretty sure you need to flash gapps after updating the ROM. Otherwise you'll lose Google account (unless it happens to be leftover in your cache).

Admittedly apps from other sources should still be there. Are you using link2sd?

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
If you flash a rom, then google apps. You are fine. If you update, you don't need to flash gapps again unless you do a full wipe.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
If you wipe boot, system, cache and dalvik (as I do) you DO need to flash gapps again. That's still not a full wipe since you leave data alone - so installed apps and data will all be there, but the Google account will not, unless you flash gapps.

Seriously, is takes only a few secs to flash it...

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Oddly I have never had to do it before but doing the gapps flash did solve the problem. Not sure how that killed other items. Or maybe it was just a coincidence and something else happened.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Oddly I have never had to do it before but doing the gapps flash did solve the problem. Not sure how that killed other items. Or maybe it was just a coincidence and something else happened.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Thank you for the update. Maybe in the past the Google account stuff was left in the cache when you updated the ROM, and that was enough to keep it going.

At least I can say I have very few problems, and I always wipe boot, system, cache and dalvik when I update, then flash gapps right after.

greg_t

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Great ROM - one request though: can we have the phone identify whether the plugged in headset has a mic or not (i.e. 4-part vs 3-part plug) and enable the phone's mic if the headset doesn't have a mic (i.e. 3-part plug)?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Great ROM - one request though: can we have the phone identify whether the plugged in headset has a mic or not (i.e. 4-part vs 3-part plug) and enable the phone's mic if the headset doesn't have a mic (i.e. 3-part plug)?

It's a known bug. The built in mic doesn't work with headphones plugged in yet.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

camleish

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
hey y'all, somewhat of a noob here. i searched and couldn't find answers to these questions, so feel free to point me to the right place and delete this if i'm being a dummy. i'm running the following:

cyanogenmod-7.0.0-RC0-BACKside-IHO-KANG
eng.jerryscript.20120206.150516
Build GWK74

i've had many issues with a current screen freezing, often when the stock keyboard is open. i will push the power button, which turns off the display, but when i push it once more (i.e. there should be a lock screen), it is the same screen as when i turned off the display. nothing short of a battery pull will fix it, so i'm doing 10 battery pulls a day which is not sustainable, and this obviouisly makes it very difficult to receive calls. any tips? i've tried to update via the BacksideUpdater, but when I hit the download link the mediafire page is 404 dead.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
@camleish... well this could be due to the ics rotation animations which can be turned off in the 2/19 and beyond builds in settings>>cyanogen settings>>display>>rotation animations. Or you could be overclocked too high. You might try dropping your max OC;)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
i've had many issues with a current screen freezing, often when the stock keyboard is open. i will push the power button, which turns off the display, but when i push it once more (i.e. there should be a lock screen), it is the same screen as when i turned off the display. nothing short of a battery pull will fix it, so i'm doing 10 battery pulls a day which is not sustainable, and this obviouisly makes it very difficult to receive calls. any tips? i've tried to update via the BacksideUpdater, but when I hit the download link the mediafire page is 404 dead.

1) If by screen freeze you mean that the phone freezes and locks up (not responding to any buttons), I suggest you wipe cache and dalvik (in recovery) and see if that helps. If not, try and flash the latest Backside, wiping boot, system, cache and dalvik before flashing. Give it 10 mins to boot first time before touching anything.

2) Anthony already mentioned the ICS rotation issue which can also cause freezing. Again the latest Backside can disable ICS rotation animation.

3) From your description, it sounded as if your screen doesn't actually freeze, but that you cannot get the screen to lock (ie go to lockscreen) when you push the power button. In that case, check CM Settings> Lockscreen> Delay and timeout> Screen turned off delay. If you set this to Immediately, it will lock the screen right away when you push the power button. Otherwise it will delay that lock as specified.

Hope some of this helps.

camleish

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
thanks a bunch for the help, guys. i set my clock governor settings to what's been previously recommended in this thread, re-flashed backside (after clearing dalvik/cache), and have mucked around with the rotation animations. so far so good, you know it's a great community when great answers come this quickly...

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
^^
Cool, thanks for reporting back.

As far as overclock goes, there is no such a thing as recommended settings, since every phone is different. The only truly safe setting is the stock Max of 600MHz, although many phones can do more. Min of 480 is often recommended and makes sense in many cases (though often also misunderstood).

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
^^
Cool, thanks for reporting back.

As far as overclock goes, there is no such a thing as recommended settings, since every phone is different. The only truly safe setting is the stock Max of 600MHz, although many phones can do more. Min of 480 is often recommended and makes sense in many cases (though often also misunderstood).

I'm pretty sure that OC settings have been recommended in several different threads, so there's definitely consistent recommendations, they're just rather broad.

Most recommend 480 as a min, though this will vary based on your personal minimum requirements. The max is generally recommended to be set a little below max stable. This will require a little testing on your part. Find out what seems to work for you with minimal FCs, and then set it a step or two below that.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene