[ROM] midNIGHT ROM v2.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

2sslow

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey this is great!

I see you have a theme that can be used, But Im wondering if I can use other themes? Is this rom deodexed?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No I didn't. If you follow exactly it will work. Prepare probably isn't even needed on the SD card. I haven't tried without it though. But it is confirmed working by several other of my users as well. I really think this was made more complicated then it needed to be. Also since the kernels are included in the rom already by flashing the rom first you have already done 3/4 of the work. Then you run the install bat and reflash the rom (which may not even be necessary but I don't it just to be safe).

That does seem much simpler. So in your procedure how is the new Clockwork installed? I'd like to update my installation guide.

Sent by a little green robot

willmsbrg

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think I need to follow this one as I tried to flash this one, those steps seem pretty good. I'm using the Quantum Rom ext4 and wanted to try this one.

I started abd to get back into clockwork, had the rom on the sdcard and simply installed the zip from sdcard. It did change it over and such but didn't seem just right. I changed it back and it left apps from the midnight rom and such.

So, I decided I did something wrong so flashed back to stock dk-28 then went thru the whole procedure again for quantum which is okay as it went much faster to do now since I'm accustomed to the procedure.

Currently, I am back to the Quantum Rom so if we can get a step by step that is agreed upon, I will try this again myself, as I love changing things for variety~~

I know themes are not the subject in this thread and if someone can point me in a direction for a good step by step on those I'd be grateful. I see many have a custom rom and a custom theme.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you already went through the EXT4 procedure, all you need to do is flash this ROM using the new Clockwork. Same goes for any DK28 theme you want.

Sent by a little green robot

Reactions: ptfdmedic

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com
How to install EXT4 on a rooted DK28 ROM in 3 steps??.

Things you will need to do prior:

You need to pre-root with the one click root w/ clockwork redirect
Copy the midNIGHT v2.4 ROM over to your SD card. Make sure you have the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder on your desktop. The files are found here

3 EASY STEPS

1) Boot into clock work and flash the midnight v2.4 ROM
2) Once completed back out to the main menu in clockwork and scroll down to advanced and select ?reboot Recovery? and plug the usb cable into the phone.
3) Once your back into the ?New? Recovery v2.5.1.2 run the ?install-ext4? found inside the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder (That?s on your computer) and wait 3-5 minutes for it to complete then reflash the midNIGHT ROM
That?s it. You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.

Before you doubt this procedure try it for yourself. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

Let me explain why this works. The prepare zip is the means by which you install the new recovery. That's all it does. The new recovery is already included in my rom. Flashing the KERN-DK28EXT4 is doing just that flashing the kernel. My rom already has that included as well. So by flashing the ROM first you have installed the Recovery(prepared zip) and the new kernel (KERN-DK28EXT4) all in one motion. Then all that's left is to plug in and run the install bat. It's really mush easier this way. I was aiming to make it accessible to more people with different experience levels.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
To ptfdmedic

I was wondering what was the cool live wallpaper you were using in your first midnight rom video you had posted at your blog page? The blue moving liquid... I have to check that out.

Again great work on the rom, I don't know where you find the time with your busy life.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Let me explain why this works. The prepare zip is the means by which you install the new recovery. That's all it does. The new recovery is already included in my rom. Flashing the KERN-DK28EXT4 is doing just that flashing the kernel. My rom already has that included as well. So by flashing the ROM first you have installed the Recovery(prepared zip) and the new kernel (KERN-DK28EXT4) all in one motion.

Is it required to include recovery files in ROMs that have EXT4 support? Or is your ROM the only one that would work with your 3 step procedure?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow this is nice. No more lag! Screen transitions and movement between apps is smoooooth! EXT4 is a very nice improvement.

So far I am enjoying this rom too!

BTW, I did the 3 step install and it worked perfectly.

Last edited:

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com
Is it required to include recovery files in ROMs that have EXT4 support? Or is your ROM the only one that would work with your 3 step procedure?

You're better off with the recovery files in the rom. However, midNIGHT and quantum are the only ones that have EXT4 support so far as far as I know....These are instructions are what I did for mine. Also check out dameon87's thread over at xda he now has a flashasble zip that does everything without a computer. I'll update the thread when I get a chance.....

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com
If you would like to test the new midNIGHT Theme v3 Beta it is located here on my blog. Just click on the Android Development page at the top.

-This theme is visually the same as the previous version.
- I have not yet implemented the 1% battery mod.
-This theme uses the EVO battery gauge
-I am just looking to see there this fixes the battery gauge problems while plugged in. 1% mod will be added after I confirm the fixes here.
-My Epic had an "accident" today so I cannot finish testing these until Monday.:eek:

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Loving this ROM with EXT4. Thank you so much!

And can someone take a screencap or two of the Beta theme? Does it have the stock Froyo lockscreen or the Epic's lockscreen?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Here ya go... Stock Froyo lock screen.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Reactions: Death Roe

ap77

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm up and running on this with ext 4 -- thanks to everyone for the excellent instructions!

Probably a dumb question: does ext 4 impair the backup utility through clockwork in any way? I tried to make a backup after getting up and running with all my apps -- seemed to work, but there were also some kinds of error messages that unfortunately I didn't record. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
When you're in Clockwork, make sure the top of the screen says version 2.5.1.2 - if you're using the old Clockwork (2.5.1.0) that may be your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo