ARCHIVED: [ROM] Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same two errors. The build error the first time around and now with the fresh download it gets stock on lg logo. Anyways can't wait to try a working version of your rom :). Really looking forward to oc.

Hmm.. I'm going to take the download down until this gets sorted out... Not sure what all the problems are..

darrenb1988

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Works great! Just a suggestion... I believe their is a file that can be edited to stop sprint from throttling our download speeds. Their is a file for gsm phones but not sure if it works the same way with cdma. I use to get 1000kbs for speed tests now I am lucky to hit 300. If you could alter this it would be a huge plus for your build. Also this is my first prepaid phone will they still be able to top off my virgin with out the activate app?

Last edited:

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Works great! Just a suggestion... I believe their is a file that can be edited to stop sprint from throttling our download speeds. Their is a file for gsm phones but not sure if it works the same way with cdma. I use to get 1000kbs for speed tests now I am lucky to hit 300. If you could alter this it would be a huge plus for your build. Also this is my first prepaid phone will they still be able to top off my virgin with out the activate app?

They should be able to top it off automatically when they see your minutes drop, or your cash balance gets low.

While faster downloads would be interesting, that's not really my goal with the rom. Personally, I'm more interested in the working with the Kernel, and the rom contains some boot.img hacks to get a S kernel working with the V. If someone else wants to take the work and run, they are welcome to.

Is there a way to implement this Optimus V kernel into the void rom?

Possibly. I haven't messed with the void rom. Also, this is technically a S kernel that with some init hacks to make it work with the V. If someone wants to try it, go for it. The kernel isn't mine, it was created by zefie, so he'd know more about it than me.

BillyBlanco

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Flashed and booted fine, and it was my 1st time flashing a ROM

I'm a noob at this...lol

clocked at 825, stable
much faster

correction i had to turn it down to 806... my phone froze a couple hrs later and i had to pull the battery... is this a kernal issue or rom issue?

i have it set at 806-122 atm

im running adw with it as my launcher... could this be a problem?

at 800 sometimes it still pauses for a few second...like a lag... then goes very fast. it seems like a ferrari going 150mph... stopping to hit a 90 degree turn and then gunning away again... is this normal?

is my min cpu too low?

ive also noticed sometimes when i get texts now the sound goes off twice like a fraction of a second apart... but both play at once...then when i try to press reply it lags for a few seconds.

none are big issues... great rom and kernal set-up... just a couple questions on my end i guess =)

BillyBlanco

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
ok, cpu too low

but im very curious as to why? im new to this and would like to under why low might be to low and so on? even a link to something explaining would this be great.

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am toying with the profiles to ensure the phone does not get too hot. I have it set to drop down to stock speed if it goes over 102 fahrenheit. Also to drop to 480 mhz if under 25% battery. You might want to experiment with those to ensure your phone doesn't lock up while using it.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
ok, cpu too low

but im very curious as to why? im new to this and would like to under why low might be to low and so on? even a link to something explaining would this be great.

There are quite a few different reasons the phone might just slow down randomly, the one that seems to cause the most hiccups in Android is its built in garbage collection (google Android garbage collection for more info), which is when the phone tries to reclaim unused memory. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it for now. Kill any background apps, make sure the CPU doesn't drop too low, and see if you notice any patterns to the stuttering. This might help a developer figure out where the trouble spot is.

Android is still a relatively new phone Operating System, and there are still a few kinks to work out. Don't get me wrong, I love my Android phone, but if I'm honest, I'll tell you that both WebOS and iOS have a cleaner, smoother end-user experience. Additionally, the number of hardware configurations Android runs on is much greater, meaning that Google can't polish Android for one (or a few) piece of hardware until it runs perfectly like Apple or Palm.

The bottom line is that while it's not perfect now, it will continue to get better as long as developers continue to work with it.

Reactions: BillyBlanco

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This is a really great ROM, I'm looking forward to installing it.

Would it be possible to add Ext4 support and assign UI rendering to the GPU. This might be a long stretch, but is GPU overclocking available also?

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got this ROM installed and running, the whole process went very smooth. Works excellent, it kept all of my old configurations, apps, and customized wallpaper. You can't even notice it was rooted and flashed with a custom ROM.

I couldn't get it stable on maximized 864 MHz, it kept rebooting. However, I'm currently at 844.8 MHz - stable. That's an additional 244.8 Mhz from the 600 Mhz stock, which means it's overclocked to more than a 40% speed increase. Very impressive!

Last edited:

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded quick settings to enable the hotspot feature and I didn't have the option to enable it. Is this a problem that others are having or do I have to use another app since I rooted and installed a custom rom.

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded quick settings to enable the hotspot feature and I didn't have the option to enable it. Is this a problem that others are having or do I have to use another app since I rooted and installed a custom rom.

Quick Settings Wi-Fi hotspot works fine, did you add Wi-Fi hotspot to the list via Menu button > Customize > Drag and drop from bottom to the top?

Just to confirm it's "Quick Settings" by Sergej Shafarenka

Reactions: RevolutionRed

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I just came back to say never mind I fixed the problem, and see root already figured it out too. Yes it was quick settings by sergej that i downloaded.

Thanks

shawnf1986

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just came back to say never mind I fixed the problem, and see root already figured it out too. Yes it was quick settings by sergej that i downloaded.

Thanks

U dont need quick settings.. Hotspot widget is much more simple

Quick settings is only better if u use the other features it has

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

BillyBlanco

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
There are quite a few different reasons the phone might just slow down randomly, the one that seems to cause the most hiccups in Android is its built in garbage collection (google Android garbage collection for more info), which is when the phone tries to reclaim unused memory. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it for now. Kill any background apps, make sure the CPU doesn't drop too low, and see if you notice any patterns to the stuttering. This might help a developer figure out where the trouble spot is.

Android is still a relatively new phone Operating System, and there are still a few kinks to work out. Don't get me wrong, I love my Android phone, but if I'm honest, I'll tell you that both WebOS and iOS have a cleaner, smoother end-user experience. Additionally, the number of hardware configurations Android runs on is much greater, meaning that Google can't polish Android for one (or a few) piece of hardware until it runs perfectly like Apple or Palm.

The bottom line is that while it's not perfect now, it will continue to get better as long as developers continue to work with it.

I am toying with the profiles to ensure the phone does not get too hot. I have it set to drop down to stock speed if it goes over 102 fahrenheit. Also to drop to 480 mhz if under 25% battery. You might want to experiment with those to ensure your phone doesn't lock up while using it.

thanks for clearing that up revolutionred

lenoh how do you program those settings? i dont see it in SetCpu?! maybe im blind but i looked through every menu 3 times...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans