ROMs for LG E739 MyTouch

sonofhope83

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
hi... I also bricked my phone. I called LG yesterday. so I'd like to help u. hold volume down and power....for three seconds..(soon as u count three) ....then press the menu &back hard buttons.... (once u see the lg screen release the power button) (keep holding the other three buttons) count to ten let got (or let go when the LG logo flashes again. this will boot you into recovery.

Google LG mytouch rooted Rome if you are rooted..
hope all goes well... let me know if of works and if there's anything else I'd like to know. about the LG mytouch

phone: LG mytouch (white -rooted)
running. cm7

firemedicdave

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey yeah it worked thanks! By the way do you know what wrong my cm7 camera? Its like sideways :/

There is a nightly build out for the e739. Here is the link

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

Here is a link to an updated kernel for the e739

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=909816&d=1329675595

All this can be found on xda so yo can verify. here are the two threads.

Cm7 for LG MyTouch E739 - xda-developers

LG myTouch Q (C800) & LG myTouch 4G (E739) Forum Section Coming?? - xda-developers

Hope this helps.

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
OK so i"m jumping on this bandwagon because somehow i messed things up. Rooted my LG- MT phone using Unlock Root. Got Rom Manager and flashed Clockwork Mod. All good there. Did a full backup of my phone's system before I did anything else using CM. Went to flash a ROM which failed and didn't complete, so the phone rebooted and allowed me to send an error report. No big there. No changes were made..phone was fine. Went to flash another ROM that was in their ROM's list but it didn't work properly, like it wouldn't let me open Google search. I know, simply stupid, but i didn't want anything malfunctioning at all. So I went to recover my factory ROM that I backed up fully, and the process appeared to be going very well. Phone rebooted after it was done. But instead of doing a normal reboot, it went back to the CM recovery manager. I tried restoring the factory ROM again, with the same results. Did i just brick my phone or what? And how can I fix this cause I need my phone. I've already tried the hard rest with the key presses to no avail.:'(

And now it only boots to the LG logo......

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Just signed up here, I need a how to guide, such a newb!!

Hey! I finally figured out what to do for my phone. And I can easily send you in the right direction for yours if you want to root and flash a new ROM.

I used a simple root tool called Unlock Root. You have to download it to your comp, enable debugging mode on your phone and hook it up to your comp. It's as simple as clicking on "unlock" and follow the prompts after that. After that, I don't know if the Superuser app automatically installs to your phone or not, so check your apps list and install it if it's not there. You then need Clockworkmod Recovery by getting ROM Manager and select LG Sol/ LG E739 MyTouch. ALWAYS back up your phone before you change anything. That was my first mistake. Then go to this link CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution and get the latest ROM version from CyanogenMod's site. Also get this kernel http://db.tt/lswDa3ZJ . You'll still need your phone hooked up to your comp cause you need to transfer the files to an easy to remember folder like "downloads". GO to Install Rom from SD card and go to the folder you put the file. Wipe Data/Cache , Cache and Dalvik Cache then continue from there. If you come to a road block, just do it over again. Stay in the recovery mode and flash the kernel file as well. You'll also need to flash the Google Apps kernel if there are any particular ones you want, which you can get from XDA Developers forum on the E-739 Cm7 for LG MyTouch E739 - xda-developers. Also, if there are any apps on your phone that you'd like back after you flash this ROM, I suggest you get MyBackup Root for your phone before you flash anything, and back-up your apps. I also use Rom Toolbox for backing up things and a few other reasons.

Just remember: SAVE SAVE SAVE!! Once you start playing around with CW Recovery and the new ROM, you'll love your phone! And keep up with XDA Developers site as they always come up with something new to try, or they cover some of the bugs that you may come across. Also, Keep up with CM's site as there may be a new build to flash. I'm not expert, I just follow the directions from the XDA site and do research. And so far so good. Enjoy!

Jai1983

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I had finally got everything straight yesterday, so my phone is rooted and everything is good, however, I have to get the market back, it was missing.

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
correction...look in your apps for "Play Store". Thats the market app. Just found it on my husband's phone. If that doesn't work then use your comp and DL the app to your phone from there.

RosscoS

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I am loving cyanogenmod's 7.2 RC1. With over 200 apps on my phone, it is now lightning fast. The only bug I have found so far in the forward facing camera saves images and video upside down, but I believe the devs are workin to fix that.
Thanks cyanogenmod!:D

Edit : I followed the instructions in this video & had no difficulties.
Pls note that the LG E739 does NOT have an internal SD memory, so when the video says to remove your SD card, you need to leave the SD card in, otherwise you will not be able to transfer the required files to your phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4irKsyNEtmw

Disclaimer:- I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your phone. Use at your own risk.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I am loving cyanogenmod's 7.2 RC1. With over 200 apps on my phone, it is now lightning fast. The only bug I have found so far in the forward facing camera saves images and video upside down, but I believe the devs are workin to fix that.
Thanks cyanogenmod!:D

Edit : I followed the instructions in this video & had no difficulties.
Pls note that the LG E739 does NOT have an internal SD memory, so when the video says to remove your SD card, you need to leave the SD card in, otherwise you will not be able to transfer the required files to your phone.
How to flash Cyanogenmod - YouTube

Disclaimer:- I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your phone. Use at your own risk.

What do you mean it doesn't have internal memory? All phones do.

RosscoS

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It has internal memory, but it does not have internal SD memory.

If you don't believe me, then unmount & remove your SD card, connect your USB cable to the phone.
You will notice that you cannot select USB Connected.
This is because there is no SD internal memory.

WTFGRRR

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
OK how do you get to the backup that was saved with ClockworkRom ...Phone did a factory restore....all info on SD but I can get it to run

onionpimp

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
CM7, just curious, is the battery uber sucky? i have to charge everyday with cm7. I think my main question is, is there a updated radio or something? And does anyone know if Darktremorz a2sd works on this phone?

Thanks~

(is there any other roms too besides cm7 and the miui, or any version of cm6 that would work? cm6 sooo much faster imo )
Oh and a smartass kernel?

Last edited:

RonnieP97

May 19, 2012
Visit site
i installed cm7 on my e739 and it stayed at the cm7 boot loading screen. i tried to hard boot it by holding the two volume keys and the power button and now it says "S/W Upgrade Please wait while upgrading..." did i just brick my device?

e1ioan

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I made a big mistake and now I need the stock rom that came with the t-mo mytouch (LG-E739). Does anyone have it? Pleasee....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia