Root explorer sale

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Root explorer

That's a good deal. I've had root explorer since January and still believe it's the best file explorer out there.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Is Root Explorer really 4 bucks (back to 3.99 now) better than File Expert. FE is functional, intuative, looks great and free. Hard to beat that, but I've never used root explorer so I don't know if there is something I'm missing. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I prefer Root Explorer as well because it is one of the few file browsers I have found that will allow you to edit files under the phone's "system" directory. For instance I use root explorer to edit my keyboard button mappings or to copy ringtones or alarms into the phone's audio directory. I believe File Expert will allow you to browse the system directory but does not give you the ability to edit text files and such.

Reactions: basketthis

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I prefer Root Explorer as well because it is one of the few file browsers I have found that will allow you to edit files under the phone's "system" directory. For instance I use root explorer to edit my keyboard button mappings or to copy ringtones or alarms into the phone's audio directory. I believe File Expert will allow you to browse the system directory but does not give you the ability to edit text files and such.

Good info. In order to accomplish the same result, I have to mount the system with File Expert while "browse as root" is selected and use Script Manager as the app to open the file from File Expert. A bit confusing? Yes. Because it's a PITA. ;) Good to know there is something easier to use out there!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene