Rooted and flashed custom rom..stuck on htc screen help

adickshun

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I rooted my phone without backing up like a dummy. I flashed JellyBread and now my phone wont go past the HTC logo. I can still get into fastboot and recovery but I dont know what to do from there. If I can do anything please explain! thank you

if this helps my fastboot screen says

SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.58.0000
eMMC-boot

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I rooted my phone without backing up like a dummy. I flashed JellyBread and now my phone wont go past the HTC logo. I can still get into fastboot and recovery but I dont know what to do from there. If I can do anything please explain! thank you

SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.58.0000
eMMC-boot

Did you factory reset the device and wipe the cache partition and dalvik cache BEFORE flashing JellyBread? If not, the ROM not booting up for you is the result of not meeting prerequisites. Also, make sure the ROM you're flashing is for your particular model.

Anyway, boot back into recovery, factory reset the phone and wipe both caches, then reflash the ROM. It should boot up then.

adickshun

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Did you factory reset the device and wipe the cache partition and dalvik cache BEFORE flashing JellyBread? If not, the ROM not booting up for you is the result of not meeting prerequisites. Also, make sure the ROM you're flashing is for your particular model.

Anyway, boot back into recovery, factory reset the phone and wipe both caches, then reflash the ROM. It should boot up then.

Yeah I did all that. And I have tried ruu but that wont work either. says its older than what is already installed or something like that

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
This is fixable
You cannot flash a jb Rom unless you get s off and change your hboot to 1.5

You cannot run ruu unless you're s off because there isn't one for the 1.58 hboot

You need to dl a stock based Rom, I suggest harmonia to start with...you can find it at
http://www.vmroms.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=q4eq0iu83hjm4oplbpfsugaad5&topic=157.0

Put that on your sd
Wipe all partitions except sd
Flash harmonia
Reboot

There are several roms that will work for you, but everything in harmonia works....its a good starting point

Good luck

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is fixable

You cannot run ruu unless you're s off because there isn't one for the 1.58 hboot

You need to dl a stock based Rom, I suggest harmonia to start with...you can find it at
[ROM] Harmonia 3.17 17Nov12 (ICS\Sense 3.6) Tweaked!!!

Put that on your sd
Flash harmonia
Reboot

There are several roms that will work for you, but everything in harmonia works....its a good starting point

Good luck

Try flashing the boot.img with fastboot.

Umair_Khaled

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.58.0000
eMMC-boot

hey, i got into exactly the same problem. I'm amateur in this rooting stuff and was rooting and installing the rom for the first time by following tutorials on some android forum. Now i have the same problem and very confused with all the discussions and solutions given online. Can u please help.

Umair_Khaled

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem as mentioned by the guy who started the post. I tried to instal the rom u told but it doesn't instal. Now i dont know what to do. I'm a little amateur in this stuff. I'll be really greatfull iff u can help me through.
This is fixable

http://www.vmroms.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=q4eq0iu83hjm4oplbpfsugaad5&topic=157.0

Put that on your sd
Flash harmonia
Reboot

Good luck

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You need to give more info
Pull the battery and put it back in
Then hold volume down and then press power, continue holding volume down until the white bootloader screen pops up
Then post everything it says here

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using AC Forums mobile app

Umair_Khaled

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
the phone is htc desire s.
Quoting as it is from bootloader
"***unlocked***
SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0002
RADIO-3822.10.00.04_M
eMMC-boot
Aug 22 2011, 15:22:13"

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
That is not the same as an evo v.
You will need to track down a Rom specifically for your phone

Good luck

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using AC Forums mobile app

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
too much confused, dont get what to do from the link provided by you, have read many forums and tutorials but nothing working for me.

You should post over there, someone with the same phone should help you. I cant assist you with a phone I dont have

Sent from my PG86100 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene