Rooting EVO 3D not working

Nightfreak13

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i just rooted my EVO 3D using "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1225974" to the "letter". No error messages, no red flag, nothing. All went smooth. Superuser app is installed. However when i open "Titanium Back" following error message shows while trying to "ask for root access" - it could not acquire root privileges. This "app" will not work. Make sure your device is rooted..blah blah blah. Also, when i run Terminal to check if phone is rooted it gives me $ instead of #, and when i type "su" it says Permission Denied. What am i missing here???

Any help will be greatly apprish!

G

Nightfreak13

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
i did rerooted 3x already. However, not from the "step1". I started rerooting after the last step to "unlock" the phone. Step1-16 are to "unlock", 17-23 to actually access root. I had started to reroot on Step17. Are you saying to start from Step1?

Step 15. If you got this far, congratulations, your Evo 3D's bootloader has been unlocked!!!

Step 16. Your phone will reboot.

Step 17. Put your Evo 3D in fastboot mode by first going to Settings->Power and make sure "Fast boot" is checked off. (Again, yes).

Turn off your phone then power up by holding down Power Button and Volume Down button.

Hit Power again to enter Fastboot.

Step 18. Type the following to install ClockworkMod Recovery:

fastboot flash recovery cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img

Step 19. Go back to your phone and choose Bootloader then hit the Power Button.

Then choose Recovery then hit the Power Button.

Step 20. When you get Revolutionary CWM blue menus, go to "mounts and storage" using your Volume buttons and hit the Power button.

Then choose "mount USB storage" and hit the Power button.

Step 21. Go to your computer and copy over su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip to your Evo 3D.

Step 22. Go back to your phone and hit Power button to get out of USB mode. Then choose "+++++Go Back+++++" and hit the Power button.

Then choose "install zip from sdcard" and hit the Power button.

Then choose "choose zip from sdcard" and hit the Power button.

Then choose su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip and hit the Power button.

Choose "Yes" and hit the Power button.

Step 23. Reboot and enjoy root!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17