S note , Formula match missing ?

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure exactly what formula matching is. Is that just ink to formula? Because I found that. Or is in the Wolfram Alpha integration?

altruisticbees

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Anyone can help me finding formula match in S note (on Note 3 )
thank you

Select the handwritten formula using the selection tool (it looks like a cloud with a dotted line) and then after selecting click Transform Into > Formula. You can also transform handwriting into text and shapes after the fact, pretty useful.

kentc0209

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure exactly what formula matching is. Is that just ink to formula? Because I found that. Or is in the Wolfram Alpha integration?

Good point -- so can you solve equations on the Note 3 like you could on the Note 2? I guess my specific question is if Wolfram Alpha (or some variant) is on the Note 3?

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Good point -- so can you solve equations on the Note 3 like you could on the Note 2? I guess my specific question is if Wolfram Alpha (or some variant) is on the Note 3?

That's what I can't figure out. I remember seeing videos of the last note series writing formulas, converting the ink to a formula (which we can do), and then pushing a button to have wolfram alpha solve it. It's the last part I don't know if the Note 3 can do. I can't find it anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
It is there. It is no longer in S Note. It is buried inside Samsung Keyboard when you have the S Pen out. Open S Finder. Tap into a text input field. Where the blinking cursor is hover with the S Pen. click the pen icon. select the f(x) icon (top right). then you can write a formula. it will resolve it. Then click on Search. Boom....wolfram alpha. It took me like an hour to find this.

Last edited:

kentc0209

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
It is there. It is no longer in S Note. It is buried inside Samsung Keyboard when you have the S Pen out. Tap into a text field. Where the blinking cursor is hover with the S Pen. click the pen icon. select the f(x) icon (top right). then you can write a formula. it will resolve it. Then click on Search. Boom....wolfram alpha. It took me like an hour to find this.
@Lucidmike - Thanks for helping us out!! I don't have a Note just yet (still waiting on Verizon's release), but I'll try your steps once I get it. PS: I'm a huge fan of your YouTube channel and really appreciate the daily tips on how to get the most out of your Note. If possible, please post a video on how to use Wolfram Alpha on the Note 3. I'm sure other's will benefit... Thanks again and keep up the great work!!

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I've made a slight edit to my post. You can only do it inside the input text field in S Finder. It is really really buried in there.

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So you have to use the Samsung keyboard to do it?

I also found an app in the "Samsung apps" that is called Myscript calculator. Didn't try it yet, but it looks like it does this. Had to open a Samsung account to to download it.

Edit: I think you can get it in the play store easier.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
So you have to use the Samsung keyboard to do it?

I also found an app in the "Samsung apps" that is called Myscript calculator. Didn't try it yet, but it looks like it does this. Had to open a Samsung account to to download it.

Edit: I think you can get it in the play store easier.

Actually, works with any keyboard. Just tested it with SwiftKey selected.
I made a video just now about how to use wolfram alpha on the Note 3:

Last edited:

Charles Humphries

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
It is in S Note on the Note 3 and Note 10.1 2014. You write it - and then hit the select. Circle it and select transform - FORMULA and SHAPE are options - and in S Note - not just s Finder. i dunno if you can solve it inside S Note anymore - and still looking for where the universal search for wolfram is. Just got my Note 10.1 2014. It works better and faster on the note 10.1 2014 - if I can find how to solve it. If not - just paste to s finder and it works.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
There are some features that Samsung removed in the new version of S Note. Once I get my Note 3 today I can verify which ones have been removed.

Azhar Rahman

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So, i bought the 2014 Note 10.1 thinking how amazing it would be to write up and solve equations for my uni course. I got used to snote and it transforms handwriting to formula but doesnt solve. So i did what you guys did, the input section for the formula doesnt let me paste the equation from the snote. And it doesnt accurately write the equation with the stylus. The function f become a capital F etc etc. Even when i do manage to input a formula, after i click search, i have 3 options to search with google, bing etc.

Can someone help me with how they did it. Step by Step pleease. I'm quite desperate to get this to work.

Also, does it solve all types of equation, linear , quadratic, simulataneous, matrix etc?

Azhar Rahman

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
so i figured out how to use sfinder to write the equations. However when i write and convert the equations in snote and then lassoo and transform/copy, it doesnt give me the option to paste it in the sfinder. How do i do this? Please help - samsung support only gave me the link to the user manual copy and paste section.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't get it to work in Snote either Azhar. Snote not nearly as flexible as I'd like it. Hopefully enhancements down the road.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
And Myscript is absolutely awesome. It even recognizes my scribble pretty well. Notifications are a bit annoying to me (I'd pay to get rid of them), but it does not cost any money.

ayashamantara

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
create a new s note draw a shape or write a formula select "selection mode" then select option " transform to" you can then convert to shape or formula

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte