S Pen problem?

hughie1987

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
OK so I keep trying to use the s pen when the screen is off and it doesn't seem to want to write. Like it will show the white dot where the pointer is and I can select the pen or eraser with my finger -_0 so this is my second day with it what am I or did I do wrong lol

Posted via the Android Central App

sumzitup

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
When I first got my note 5 this feature was turned off by default. I had to go into settings -> s-pen -> turn on 'screen off memo'.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
What happens when you write in the screen?
Just an fyi, for the screen off feature, the screen is black and the writing is white.

Posted via the *Note 5*

hughie1987

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Nothing happens the screen stays black but the icons appear and it doesn't write. I've had it write 3 times that's it so I know what it looks like :p

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Nothing happens the screen stays black but the icons appear and it doesn't write. I've had it write 3 times that's it so I know what it looks like

Does it work when the screen isn't off, like in S-note? Do you have a really thick screen protector? Do you have a case with a magnet? Have you tried replacing the pen tip?

hughie1987

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have no screen protector or case yet an it just did work when I tried it a min ago it let me slide the page to s note an open it and write. Also I just turned the screen off and it let me write after I took the pen out. So idk what's happening

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have no screen protector or case yet an it just did work when I tried it a min ago it let me slide the page to s note an open it and write. Also I just turned the screen off and it let me write after I took the pen out. So idk what's happening

Try replacing the tip with a different one if it keeps acting weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63