S-Voice voice has changed.

kingeryck

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It seems like since my phone last updated a week or so ago, the S-Voice voice is different. Way uglier than before. While I was using GPS, it prompted me to download a high-quality voice pack from what appeared to be a Samsung app store. I was driving and didn't want to mess with that obviously and didn't want to use up my data so I just hit Cancel. I can't find anything about this update now. I want the old voice back, this new one is awful. Where do I get the update?

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
It seems like since my phone last updated a week or so ago, the S-Voice voice is different. Way uglier than before. While I was using GPS, it prompted me to download a high-quality voice pack from what appeared to be a Samsung app store. I was driving and didn't want to mess with that obviously and didn't want to use up my data so I just hit Cancel. I can't find anything about this update now. I want the old voice back, this new one is awful. Where do I get the update?

Go to settings and language and keyboard. Then select voice output from there

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
On my phone it's Settings > My Device > Language and input > Text-to-speech options, which apparently links to Settings > My Device > Accessibility > Text-to-speech options. But definitely go visit that. I had the same problem and it's an easy fix. I think the old one is actually in the Samsung settings, and then Install voice data, where you have to download the high-quality English (U.S.) voice. But there are other good ones there too.

dipesh balwani

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem, I've changed Tts engine from Samsung to Google, but s voice remains same, not only the voice is poor but also the replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamBook