S21 FE - how to power on automatically

pjtwyman

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Samsung S21 FE recently and it seems there is no option to power on or off the phone automatically. My previous Oppo and Xiaomi phones could be enabled to turn on and off automatically at set times in the Settings menu or to power on in time for the alarm to sound (enabled in the Clock app).

Can anyone advise as to whether this can be enabled on the S21 FE? I have looked around for third party apps but the only possible contenders require rooting and I am not interested in that.

This automatic power on is extremely useful and I am puzzled as to why Samsung does not offer it.

Appreciate any advice.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the S20 FE, and there was a way to set a time for auto restart in "Settings" > "Battery and Device Care". But that seems to have changed when it updated to Android 13 a few weeks ago.

Now, it has an auto optimization and restart where it decides when to do the restarts on its own.

Unless someone else knows better.

I have a lock screen pin, and use my phone as my alarm, so I can't let my phone restart, like, in the middle of the night, because I'd have to type in the pin for it to finish starting up, and I'd miss the alarm because I would be sleeping through the restart.

Although, I must say that I never felt the need for regular reboots anyway. Certainly not every day or even every week. If the phone starts to feel sluggish, or there's issues with apps opening, then I'll reboot it. But that's maybe once every month or two. Or when it got a monthly security update. And, being an AT&T phone, sometimes it would skip a month. Because, well... AT&T.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

pjtwyman

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks

I know about auto restarting in Samsung (and Bedtime mode). But I am trying to sort out a way for the phone to be switched off (automatically or manually) and then turn itself back on automatically when the alarm is to go on. Xiaomi and other brands do this without a problem.

I can't understand why Samsung hasn't got this facility. After all there are so many updates of marginal value being introduced every year.

Thanks anyway.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54