S21/Note 20 ultra

schlepprock

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey gang, needing some opinions.
A couple weeks ago I upgraded my Note 9 to a Note 20 Ultra. Wish I hadn't!!
This phone loses all signal randomly, quite often actually. Per Verizon, I installed an app from Samsung that forces 4g LTE only but it still loses all signal where I KNOW it should keep signal. Verizon says that it's a known issue and says Samsung Yada Yada.. Verizon says Yada Yada and hopefully a future software upgrade will fix it. I'm afraid to keep it in hopes that a future update will help, or it turns out to be a hardware issue that can't be resolved.
Or a battle between Samsung and Verizon accusing the other of being the problem.
NOW.. I had one Verizon store tell me the S21 has the same problem, another Verizon store says it doesn't have a reception problem. Can anyone give any clarity?? Is the S21 a viable replacement for a Note 20 Ultra?? Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've heard some on Verizon say same thing, I think its a Verizon issue but dont have evidence to back it up.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have used both extensively and I prefer the S21 Ultra they both performed very well it's more of a preference thing depends on what you like and what you're looking for it is definitely a competitor device very comparable

schlepprock

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I have used both extensively and I prefer the S21 Ultra they both performed very well it's more of a preference thing depends on what you like and what you're looking for it is definitely a competitor device very comparable
Yeah I like the Note 20 ultra, but the losing service thing is tough to deal with. Especially knowing these devices aren't cheap.
I'm wondering if the S21 has issues with it losing service/signal as well.
The only other gripe I have is the battery life of the Note 20 compared to my previous Note 9.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire