S23 ultra

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Just shut down my order. Going to hold on to my S22 Ultra. I was hooked on the Sat phone somewhat technology but we have one of those phones already.
Going to pass on this round. It will be a first since they started manufacturing the Note series.
I'm good and still have my Google Pixel 4a 5g.

You guys enjoy your new devices whoever upgrade and whomever doesn't enjoy your current phone
There's Just not enough for me to go all in. I told the sales associate from Sammy throw in the S5 watch and I'll send my S4 watch back and still upgrade. Enter dial tone 😂

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just shut down my order. Going to hold on to my S22 Ultra. I was hooked on the Sat phone somewhat technology but we have one of those phones already.
Going to pass on this round. It will be a first since they started manufacturing the Note series.
I'm good and still have my Google Pixel 4a 5g.

You guys enjoy your new devices whoever upgrade and whomever doesn't enjoy your current phone
There's Just not enough for me to go all in. I told the sales associate from Sammy throw in the S5 watch and I'll send my S4 watch back and still upgrade. Enter dial tone ������

Yeah I can't believe the trade-ins not anymore. I think we got 550 for our S10 Plus. I mean we haven't had the 22 Ultra that long anyways. We love it! We only got it because the 21 deal came out where we traded in for $1,000 and we thought we would get more of a trade-in value for the 22 over the 21. What are they giving for the 21 Ultra I wonder? I mean we only paid 399 for these phones. And we own them out right. I wonder if it's worth seeing what they're selling for on other sites. And try to sell it out right to somebody.

Anyway it's not the worst thing to wait. At least I have a good working phone and who knows maybe they'll do the same $1,000 deal later on down the line which of course they won't do the free memory upgrade with it but it would still be better.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
It's amazing that they're willing to give me $800 to trade in my 3.5 year old Galaxy note 10 + 5G.

I really did not want to trade it in as I wanted to have a backup in case something happened to the S23 Ultra but holy cow $800?

The only problem is they make you do $11 a month over 36 months and I'd rather just pay it up front but if you pay it up front then it's no longer $800 savings it's $500.... but that's crazy $800 for my phone?

Granted it's the best phone I've ever owned but it's so far removed from current technology seen in new phones.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Keeping my 22 Ultra for another year or two. I have the 22 and the iPhone 14 Pro as my main phone. Tired of trading my phones every year. The 22 is still a fantastic phone and absolutely no reason to trade in.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Keeping my 22 Ultra for another year or two. I have the 22 and the iPhone 14 Pro as my main phone. Tired of trading my phones every year. The 22 is still a fantastic phone and absolutely no reason to trade in.
I wish I had your will to keep phone longer. I think I'm going to start trying to go 2 years. If the low trade INS continue that might be what forces me into 2 or more years

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

h2ofun

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I still am using my note 8, so to get 800 bucks to trade it towards a s23+ or S23U is a deal I cannot pass up. We have 4 of these on the family we will be upgrading.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I still am using my note 8, so to get 800 bucks to trade it towards a s23+ or S23U is a deal I cannot pass up. We have 4 of these on the family we will be upgrading.
The note 8 trade in values will start dropping drastically. You're smart for dumping them.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could commit to a carrier and not upgrading my phone for 36 months....I was offered $1000 off for my S7 through ATT for a Ultra in which Samsung is only giving me $100 but I don't like financing stuff, I don't like being locked into a carrier, and I definitely don't like being locked into a device for up to 36 months if I normally upgrade every year. I like my phones paid in full, unlocked, I own them outright from day one, and free to switch carriers or upgrade whenever I want to!~ :-* :cool: But I'm jealous of the deals that you guys are getting from carriers...if you don't care to upgrade often it's definitely the best deal by far, I just can't be locked into payments and not upgrading when I want to. A lot can happen in tech in 36 months and if you pay off early you lose your deal credits. ;)

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm reading there is like 60gb of bloatware, is there a non rooted way to remove that stuff? An app or something?

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...d-android-build-somehow-uses-60gb-of-storage/

Lol don't you think that's a little uneducated to consider all the memory being used as bloatware? No phone comes with unused memory. This is not new and it takes memory to run all the features you will see on the S23 Ultra.

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using AC Forums mobile app

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
If what you say is the same then most won't buy the s23.

Never getting on that every year treadmill ever again. Thinking every 3rd or 4th. I admit to caving on this, but I was coming from 20 N Ultra, they gave a free upgrade to 512gb and with trade in etc, out of pocket wasn't bad

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon. Looks to be a better deal if I pre order at Samsung directly... I see these $50 and $70 credit towards accessories. Anyone know how this works?

Im chatting wtih Verizon support on the app and it turns out I need to upgrade my plan to qualify which is another $10/month which sucks. So to get $800 off I pay $360 over 3 years on a plan I don't need. Otherwise keep my plan and save $400 off for the phone. So $22/month instead of $11.

But I'm still curious about these credits at Samsung.

Thanks.
6cba19621c431c5ece94cf7a82b47114.jpg

h2ofun

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I pay 260 bucks for 8 lines, 20 bucks per line, 100 for data, 4Q only.

If I up my line, I get another 400 for the exchange, so that covers the extra 10 bucks from what I am paying now. Plus I get wideband
for 10 bucks off. So the verizon deal is great giving them my note 8. I am just trying to see if I get the same, plus a 100 buck gift card
if I go get at bestbuy. Went today but a 40 minute wait to talk about phones, so I left

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I pay 260 bucks for 8 lines, 20 bucks per line, 100 for data, 4Q only.

If I up my line, I get another 400 for the exchange, so that covers the extra 10 bucks from what I am paying now. Plus I get wideband
for 10 bucks off. So the verizon deal is great giving them my note 8. I am just trying to see if I get the same, plus a 100 buck gift card
if I go get at bestbuy. Went today but a 40 minute wait to talk about phones, so I left

Damn, I am on T-Mobile (admittedly, on Military Magenta Max plan), but I only pay $187 for 6 lines with unlimited call/text/data 5G and 40GB of HotSpot per line. Now, my bill will go up once I get my S23U because the finance will add $15.04/mo to my bill for 24 months, but I can pay that part off anytime. This is the only device I am financing on my account (other than an iPhone 13 Max, but the monthly cost of that is covered under a credit that kept my bill the same (net $0 payment for the phone/mo) that actually changes my bill.

Overall, I have been with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and tried a couple local carriers and of them all, I can say that T-Mobile has been, hends down, the best for me.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Since it's been ages since I got a new phone. I'm not sure if these things are still required but I remember whenever we got a new phone you'd let the battery drain down to like 1% before charging it and did a few times. Is something like that needed anymore. Or that's old school?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

remak123

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Since it's been ages since I got a new phone. I'm not sure if these things are still required but I remember whenever we got a new phone you'd let the battery drain down to like 1% before charging it and did a few times. Is something like that needed anymore. Or that's old school?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Keep your phone always charged between 20 - 80% . Don't drain Li-Ion battery below 15%

Wysłane z mojego SM-N960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796