S24 AOD FPS

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
so long story short. with AOD enabled and Fingerprint Scanner set to Tap to show. the FPS doesnt go away. when i lock the phone,the FPS stays on. only workaround so far is after i lock the phone,i have to double tap the screen which lights it up for a while before going back to AOD. Anyone have this issue as well?

Last edited:

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Are you sure the "fingerprint always on" isn't set and the "show icon when screen is off" in the fingerprints settings?
Fingerprint Always On(If Fingerprint Always On is turned off,users must turn the screen on first in order to use the FPS) doesnt affect FPS scanner being always on. same settings on my A54 and A55. only issue i have is with the S24. And Show icon when screen is off is set to Tap to Show.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Fingerprint Always On(If Fingerprint Always On is turned off,users must turn the screen on first in order to use the FPS) doesnt affect FPS scanner being always on. same settings on my A54 and A55. only issue i have is with the S24. And Show icon when screen is off is set to Tap to Show.
You can use the fingerprint if you choose the option off without hitting the power button

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Yeah. The FPS works without it being shown (at least for me). I'm kinda confused as to what the problem is.

Is it the fingerprint icon is showing with Tap to show enabled without tapping the screen? Which is how I interpreted the original post.

Or is it, a question of whether the FPS works with the fingerprint icon not displayed on the AOD screen with Tap to show enabled?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah. The FPS works without it being shown (at least for me). I'm kinda confused as to what the problem is.

Is it the fingerprint icon is showing with Tap to show enabled without tapping the screen? Which is how I interpreted the original post.

Or is it, a question of whether the FPS works with the fingerprint icon not displayed on the AOD screen with Tap to show enabled?
OP saying when selecting tap to show on the fingerprint scanner it still stays always on when screen goes off

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
so long story short. with AOD enabled and Fingerprint Scanner set to Tap to show. the FPS doesnt go away. when i lock the phone,the FPS stays on. only workaround so far is after i lock the phone,i have to double tap the screen which lights it up for a while before going back to AOD. Anyone have this issue as well?

I don't have this issue but have you tried rebooting the device?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunn35