S3 in a constant wake lock

mcrisostomo9

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My S3 has been awake constantly these last couple of days and has been draining my battery. The battery monitor just says the android system has been keeping it awake and BetterBatteryStats says that AlarmManager is the culprit of the constant partial wakelock.

Any ideas on how to find out how to exactly pinpoint the problem?

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
My S3 has been awake constantly these last couple of days and has been draining my battery. The battery monitor just says the android system has been keeping it awake and BetterBatteryStats says that AlarmManager is the culprit of the constant partial wakelock.

Any ideas on how to find out how to exactly pinpoint the problem?

Check out and see if the stay awake function is set for a long period of time and just check your general settings for display and also check the security settings as you might have the phone set to never go to sleep. If none of those settings are the culprit try a soft reset and a battery pull. There is also a stay awake feature in developer settings but i think that only effects the phone when it's charging. Worst case scenario do a hard reset but I doubt it will come to that. Good luck I hope I provided some help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry