S4 gt i9505 4g

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My network 3uk is near the end of this year launching their 4G network here in the UK and I was wondering would I have to ask them to send me a 4g enabled sim card or will the current sim card that supports 3g allow me to connect to the 4g network when its launched.

I remember years back when 3g was launched and it required everyone who wanted to use the 3g network to get a usim which enabled 3g on handsets that supported 3g

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
4g is coming to three in q4 (around October). No special sim is required! And here's the best bit, it's free!! Unlike Vodafone EE etc who have rediculous plans. Laughing my **** off all the way haha

Posted via Android Central App

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
4g is coming to three in q4 (around October). No special sim is required! And here's the best bit, it's free!! Unlike Vodafone EE etc who have rediculous plans. Laughing my **** off all the way haha

Posted via Android Central App

Haha yeah EE is a joke of a 4g network. I'm getting 14 mb down and just under 2mb down at night can't wait for 4g on 3 though all you can data this will be fun

zoooN

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
You shouldnt have to change sim, but thats up to your Carrier to choose.
Im having 4G on my S4 with my old 3G sim.

- Sent from my Galaxy S4 -

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
No you shouldn't have to change sim. I'm going onto 4G next week with O2 and I was told that I wouldn't need to change my sim.

Posted via my S4/Tab 2

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
No you shouldn't have to change sim. I'm going onto 4G next week with O2 and I was told that I wouldn't need to change my sim.

Posted via my S4/Tab 2

I have a suspicion when the UK networks were installing 3g across the country remember that had to replace our sim cards with 3g ones well I remember noticing in the small details these 3g sim cards are USIM universal sim cards meaning they'll support 4g straight out of the packet. Gotta admit other networks can never provide all you can eat data the way 3uk does. Especially when us 3 customers carry on paying low prices and not a premium for 4g signal.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's just where we live but my OH is with 3 and he can't get a signal inside our house even for voice calls. The 3G also doesnt work in the house despite the signal coverage saying we should be getting excellent coverage. My OH often complains about not getting a 3G signal when he's out and at work. My mum who lives in a different area also has problems with 3G and my dad is forever ringing them up because something or other isn't working. On top of all that their customer service is atrocious. So O2 may be more expensive but the service works for me and on the few occasions I've spoken with O2 they have always been polite and efficient. I wouldn't touch 3 with a barge pole. I've been with 3 before when they first launched and I thought they were rubbish then. I'm sure others have good experiences with 3 though.

Posted via my S4/Tab 2

shkim698

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's just where we live but my OH is with 3 and he can't get a signal inside our house even for voice calls. The 3G also doesnt work in the house despite the signal coverage saying we should be getting excellent coverage. My OH often complains about not getting a 3G signal when he's out and at work. My mum who lives in a different area also has problems with 3G and my dad is forever ringing them up because something or other isn't working. On top of all that their customer service is atrocious. So O2 may be more expensive but the service works for me and on the few occasions I've spoken with O2 they have always been polite and efficient. I wouldn't touch 3 with a barge pole. I've been with 3 before when they first launched and I thought they were rubbish then. I'm sure others have good experiences with 3 though.

Posted via my S4/Tab 2

Three, more or less only works if you are living in a big city like London otherwise the reception is really crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie