S7 Edge ATT Update Released

llckll

May 17, 2011
Visit site
just received AT&T update a couple hours ago.

Does anyone have a full list of what is included?

I can tell you right now that I have absolutely zero lag when typing. Prior to this update the keyboard was lagging very bad.

Posted via the Android Central App

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It looks like ATT has released two updates so far, the one with the April security patch being the latest.

The one I received first was the previous update. Apologies for the confusion.

John Segura1

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I received the update yesterday. I noticed right away that my wifi issues were fixed and the screen and overall response have improved.

Ryan G1

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Updated today. Lost the ability to unlock the lockscreen with fingerprints. Have to key in the pin. Anyone else?

On the s7 edge every time you restart your phone it will prompt for your 4 digit password. After that you should be good unless you thumb print security setup is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is terrible now, I had problems with my phone resetting by itself. It would mostly happened when I was downloading videos on youtube, it would just restart. I called att they said there's a new update out try that to see if it fixes your issue. I had 1 reset so far but the battery life is terrible now.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
All of you with issues and worse battery life, have you done a wipe cache in Recovery menu? It's always recommend to do it after an update.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
All of you with issues and worse battery life, have you done a wipe cache in Recovery menu? It's always recommend to do it after an update.

Quick reminder please on how to do it for those of us that have forgotten?

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Decided to leave it off the charger overnight to check for a difference. It lost a lot more battery than usual almost like doze wasn't working at all...

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

What all does this erase? Is it safe? Why wouldn't this be built in to Android to happen automatically after an update if its recommended? Suspicious of BS here...

Also wanted to note after a few days, my battery life is still not as good as it was 3 weeks ago when I bought the phone.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
What all does this erase? Is it safe? Why wouldn't this be built in to Android to happen automatically after an update if its recommended? Suspicious of BS here...

Also wanted to note after a few days, my battery life is still not as good as it was 3 weeks ago when I bought the phone.

Ask with a better attitude next time and I'm sure more people will answer and help you.

No BS, it's safe to do it, not a single personal file or app are deleted just OS junk. Why it doesn't do it automatically? Well, ask Google, and even if they does it now (no way on knowing) no harm on doing it again, as most of the time your phone begin to behave strange or not normal, a simple Wipe Cache Partition can do magic.

It's fine if you don't do it, that's up to you, but a thing like this that can take no more than 5 minutes in total to complete, can save you tons of time troubleshooting and also a lot of frustration.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
With the massive amount of BS and people on the internet that spew out "information" that they know nothing about, it's hard to maintain a better attitude. Trust me.

I guess I'll do some research into this.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Do the wipe cache for sure. It is harmless and can definitely help.
But also consider a "rogue app" as the possible culprit for your battery problems. Or did you install any new apps recently?
My S7 Edge has great battery life, and it continued after the recent ATT update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777