S9 and + still haven't improved the speakerphone issue.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow... Samsung just stinks.... I work for a wireless carrier and I can't tell you the amount of calls I've had regarding the S8 and S8 plus speaker phone having crappy some. Sounds like the other party is under water when they're talking through their speakerphone. I'm very disappointed to see that Samsung did not resolve this issue on the S9 or plus. Disappointing.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Never had a issue with my speaker phone myself. On either the s8 plus or note 8. But I don't make that many speaker phone calls. The times I've used it it sounded fine to me.

Caspavio

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
Wow... Samsung just stinks.... I work for a wireless carrier and I can't tell you the amount of calls I've had regarding the S8 and S8 plus speaker phone having crappy some. Sounds like the other party is under water when they're talking through their speakerphone. I'm very disappointed to see that Samsung did not resolve this issue on the S9 or plus. Disappointing.

Just talk on the phone normally

gazuga6176

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
speaker phone is working great. The radios on the 845 are phenomenal as well. I have full bars in my house rather than 1 or 2 from the s7 and s8. I think I'm on a new LTE band.

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I remember someone mentioning in a review that only the bottom speaker works for phone calls. I'm not sure because i don't have the S9/S9 plus. If this is true, i don't understand why they would do that. If many users will complain about this(reddit,forums,articles) maybe Samsung will enable the top speaker for calls with an update... hopefully.
Edit: A quick google search
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/Galaxy-s9-plus-speakers/td-p/440960

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Your experience contradicts my experience on both devices, as well as reviews.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, yeah speakerphone sounds fantastic on my S9. The other side thought I was using the earpiece. Very possible that it's a cover/case that's causing this.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Just received my S9+ and played with it for a few hours. Everything works perfectly. Speaker is awesome!

There was clear plastic cover that needed to be removed.

1tahoegal

May 2, 2018
Visit site
Milehigherik,
I too AM having this problem so to he** with the rest of you! I got my S9+ a week ago and so far the speakers echo terribly on Google Maps, videos etc. The people here that don't think it's a big deal....try driving in strange towns & cities everyday without GPS & a speaker!!! Try driving HANDS FREE (law) & not being able to use your speaker phone!! Some people don't have the luxury of not using the speaker & NO ONE should have to!! SAMSUNG NEEDS to address this & fix it! It's not an app or a setting. It did it straight out of the box.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you DON'T own the device in question & you DON'T have the issue, why are you posting anything here?? :/

Because people are allowed to post around the forums -- we welcome conversation and don't put restrictions on "You can only post if you have said device" because many may have previously owned or have ideas on how to fix things even without having said phone :).