Samsung 9 Randomly sending pictures to others in my contacts

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This has happened to me several times now. I've read back through the forums and there was a question like this asked mid 2018, but I never saw it being resolved, only to change your default messaging app and remove permissions for the samsung message app. The first time it happened I sent a picture to my daughter and it also got sent to a co-worker. Luckily it was nothing embarrassing. Unlike the second time when I sent a picture of the brand of feminine product I wanted her to pick up at the store. Luckily that was sent to my best friend. That would have been embarrassing had it went to my boss. It happened several other times after that. At first I thought it was just sending to people I have recently messaged. But today it sent it to an old contact from about 3 years ago, whom is not someone I would send a text to. So I have switched my default app, but has Samsung done anything to correct this issue. It is horrible!! They need to be sued for this breach in privacy. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I doubt you'd be able to sue, because it's unlikely to be an intentional or malicious action. Do you have a screen lock set, or can the phone open directly to the homescreen without a touch? It's common for a phone's screen to turn on accidentally while in a pocket or a purse (either because of an unintentional Power button press, or a tap-to-wake function, or something like that). Once the screen is on, accidental touches can happen easily in the pocket -- you don't have to use your finger to actually tap it. As the phone is bouncing around, many things can happen, like accidental texts, or taking pictures of the inside of your pocket, or even accidentally sending a photo to a random contact using a messaging platform.

The important thing here is to make sure you prevent accidental pocket dials in whatever way you can. The easiest way is to have some sort of screen lock set, and also to have the phone lock immediately upon the screen turning off. Some phones have a built-in feature to prevent accidental touches in the pocket as well -- the S9 (I assume you have an S9 -- there is no "Galaxy 9" phone) has a Keep Screen Turned Off feature for that reason: https://www.sammobile.com/2016/05/2...phones-screen-from-turning-on-in-your-pocket/

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good find. It would appalling if Samsung didn't fix this in the past 2 years. It'd be interesting to know if the OP's system and apps are all up to date.