Samsung A12 No mobile data service - Temporarily turned off by your operator

Keeping Up

Jun 9, 2022
Visit site
I've just started getting this message every few minutes. Restarting the phone hasn't helped, nor has removing and re-inserting the SIM. While the message is there, I cannot send mobile data (WiFi still works) but when it disappears after a minute or so, I can send mobile data again until it returns. Also while the message is there, the screen shows that I am receiving a phone signal, but I am unable to make calls although I can receive them. I'm on BT. Any ideas?

---
Edited to Add (is this the only way to add a reply to one's own thread?) - thanks for the welcome and the replies. The carrier is BT (British Telecom) and their fault checker says "No problems in your area" so I thought it couldn't be them. Tried everything in that guide (and others) including airplane mode and restarting, but no effect. Eventually spoke to someone sensible in BT's technical department who said that in my area BT uses the EE network for data and that EE'[s fault checker said there was a problem in the mast near me which they were working on.

They are still working on it. It is particularly annoying that my phone sends me the message once every few minutes, and beeps at me unless I turn off ALL notification sounds which means I miss other things like messages and emails. Anyway, hopefully all will be OK again when EE finish fixing the fault

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Who's your carrier? Sounds like you should ask them about it, since the message says they're the ones who are turning off the mobile data.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I found this just by searching your title...

I decided to make this guide so that if you’re ever looking online for a solution to AT&T blocking your mobile data, you can read this and get the issue fixed in seconds.
To fix the No Mobile Data Service Temporarily Turned Off By Your Carrier error, try turning airplane mode on and off once. You can also try restarting your phone or reinserting the SIM card.

Source: https://robotpoweredhome.com/no-mob...fix the No Mobile,or reinserting the SIM card.

Do you have AT&T?
@B. Diddy I thought it was too obvious given that the message itself says, by operator, but then we'd miss out on the fun. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I found this just by searching your title...

I decided to make this guide so that if you’re ever looking online for a solution to AT&T blocking your mobile data, you can read this and get the issue fixed in seconds.
To fix the No Mobile Data Service Temporarily Turned Off By Your Carrier error, try turning airplane mode on and off once. You can also try restarting your phone or reinserting the SIM card.

Source: https://robotpoweredhome.com/no-mob...fix the No Mobile,or reinserting the SIM card.

Do you have AT&T?
@B. Diddy I thought it was too obvious given that the message itself says, by operator, but then we'd miss out on the fun. :)

Nice find! I should've searched for the whole error message myself.:)

Keeping Up

Jun 9, 2022
Visit site
Oh, having posted an edit, the thread now offers me the option to reply. How odd - I'll copy it here for convenience;

Thanks for the welcome and the replies. The carrier is BT (British Telecom) and their fault checker says "No problems in your area" so I thought it couldn't be them. Tried everything in that guide (and others) including airplane mode and restarting, but no effect. Eventually spoke to someone sensible in BT's technical department who said that in my area BT uses the EE network for data and that EE'[s fault checker said there was a problem in the mast near me which they were working on.

They are still working on it. It is particularly annoying that my phone sends me the message once every few minutes, and beeps at me unless I turn off ALL notification sounds which means I miss other things like messages and emails. Anyway, hopefully all will be OK again when EE finish fixing the fault

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh, having posted an edit, the thread now offers me the option to reply. How odd - I'll copy it here for convenience;

Thanks for the welcome and the replies. The carrier is BT (British Telecom) and their fault checker says "No problems in your area" so I thought it couldn't be them. Tried everything in that guide (and others) including airplane mode and restarting, but no effect. Eventually spoke to someone sensible in BT's technical department who said that in my area BT uses the EE network for data and that EE'[s fault checker said there was a problem in the mast near me which they were working on.

Keep us posted

Keeping Up

Jun 9, 2022
Visit site
OK - all sorted now. It took EE until a couple of days ago to fix the fault; during that time I had no mobile data, and could receive calls and texts but not send them. I found the best way to get rid of the annoyance of getting a warning bleep every few minutes was to change the system notification tone to a very quiet one, whilst leaving the alert for incoming calls emails and messages as a loud one. Anyway, they have now fixed their fault and the problem has gone away.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK - all sorted now. It took EE until a couple of days ago to fix the fault; during that time I had no mobile data, and could receive calls and texts but not send them. I found the best way to get rid of the annoyance of getting a warning bleep every few minutes was to change the system notification tone to a very quiet one, whilst leaving the alert for incoming calls emails and messages as a loud one. Anyway, they have now fixed their fault and the problem has gone away.
Glad to hear that thanks for updating us.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe