Samsung Account won't sync in Galaxy Grand Prime

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've recently changed phones from an old Galaxy Ace 4 to a Galaxy Grand Prime my father gave little use to and gave to me. After backing up his stuff and performing a reset to clear everything, doing the google account thing and then replacing it with mine after 24 hours, I added my Samsung account to the "new" phone.

The issue I'm having is one I noticed when wanting to get all of my memo notes from my old phone to the new one. Apparently your Samsung account syncs and stores them in the cloud or whatever, so I tried enabling the sync option. However, my Samsung account displays sync as off and will not allow for it to be enabled. The Sync-All option is greyed out and when tapping on it, I get a piece of text right under my Samsung email saying "Syncing with your Samsung account is not supported on this device."

I've tried resetting my password and logging in via the new phone only, messing around with Auto-sync data and such but nothing has solved my problem. I was hoping to find a solution here.

JackTheDude

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
I've sent you a private message stating my reply. Apologies for the method. I am still getting the hang of this website. The question was posted prior to the making of this account and the page had not refreshed so no reply options were showing up.

JackTheDude

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Samsung Account won't sync with Galaxy Grand Prime

(Before I get started, I must point out I previously posted this question but I did so without a proper account set up, so I couldn't exactly reply and y'know... help out in trying to find a solution to my problem. I do hope this doesn't bother anyone.)

I've recently changed phones from an old Galaxy Ace 4 to a Galaxy Grand Prime my father gave little use to and gave to me. After backing up his stuff and performing a reset to clear everything, doing the google account thing and then replacing it with mine after 24 hours, I added my Samsung account to the "new" phone.

The issue I'm having is one I noticed when wanting to get all of my memo notes from my old phone to the new one. Apparently your Samsung account syncs and stores them in the cloud or whatever, so I tried enabling the sync option. However, my Samsung account displays sync as off and will not allow for it to be enabled. The Sync-All option is greyed out and when tapping on it, I get a piece of text right under my Samsung email saying "Syncing with your Samsung account is not supported on this device."

I've tried resetting my password and logging in via the new phone only and messing around with Auto-sync data, following the solutions suggested in the link posted below and such but nothing has solved my problem. I was hoping to find a solution here.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30574