Samsung browser updated for those not on MM

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I caught the update this morning as well. Nice update. The ad blocker plugin helps quite a bit although it doesn't seem to pick up all of the ads, it is a marked improvement.

George Collins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Just tried, but it says not compatible with my device, even though Note 5 is listed in the description. ATT Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Definitely nice, no ads, which means less data and battery use, plus faster speeds. What I don't like is how you can't close the app by using the back button like you can on every other app known to man...

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
A tip for those who have been able to update.....if you go into settings, you can turn the status bar off for full screen viewing.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile Note 5 here. says not compatible. guess i'll have to wait for M
I'm on T-mobile and noticed mine was updated yesterday by itself. The page I noticed it on would only show pictures in desktop view, yet they load now. Also, desktop view is showing as "request computer version", which seems like odd terminology to me.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You have to be running version 4 of the Samsung browser to use Adblock Fast. Version 4 is only available with Marshmallow. So if you don't have Marshmallow installed that is the reason.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
You have to be running version 4 of the Samsung browser to use Adblock Fast. Version 4 is only available with Marshmallow. So if you don't have Marshmallow installed that is the reason.

As NexusGirlX just replied, this is not true and why I created this thread.
I still am NOT on Marshmallow (AT&T Note 5) and was able to update to the newest version of the Samsung Browser. Using adblock now.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile here and unable to download.....

Try going to the play store on your computer and searching for the Samsung browser. When you find it, click install and if you have more than one phone, select your Note 5 in the list and it should install. This is how I got it installed on mine.

Tom_Sewell

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI, the newest version of the Samsung browser has a higher html5 test score than the latest version of Chrome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayushtours